1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by LeticiaTheLesbo, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Makalaster

Catherine, apparently Erica Anderson is a post-op transwoman. I never knew this and I played this game religiously. I'm guessing it was heavily hinted in dialogue that I didn't pay attention to.

This is from a tumblr post.

TW: Transphobia
    "Additionally, in Catherine, Erica is insulted by her alleged friends, who accuse her of not being a real woman. She is given nightmares exclusively given to men. The nightmares themselves are punishment for not revealing that she was trans to one guy she slept with.

Beyond that, a character in the game also says that sex with Erica was “weird”.

All in all, the game is thoroughly transphobic and deserves no praise for its representation of trans women."

The video game industry isn't too friendly with LGBTQ+ issues. At least it included a transwoman in the game and it brought forth an issue of transphobia. I know that this game is set in the Persona universe which has a lot of LGBTQ+ topics.

#41 Makalaster, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2017
  2. Eldridge

Number 7 to 4 reads like the set list to a nickel back concert :icon_wink

3. Lazuri

Also, while it's not really an LGBTQ topic, Kaine from the same game was confirmed by the game's director and creator to be intersex.

4. Zoe Izumi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The "sex was weird" line in the game is BS because the guy who said it was a vergin before that point. So he had no frame of reference. The other friends in the scene are basically making fun of HIM for making such a big deal out of it. So I didn't get a very transphobic vibe from the game and characters.