1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by LeticiaTheLesbo, Aug 12, 2016.

1. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rift as well, one of the few MMOs that allows same sex marriage in game and, is very friendly toward LGBTQ in game romance roleplay.

2. Worgen2

Worgen2 Guest

When I first started playing The Sims games was the The Sims 2 Deluxe around 2007 and I loved it a lot. I made myself and a fake hot looking boyfriend I remember and we got married and lived together. Later I tried to make a better looking sim of myself in that game and Adam my ex boyfriend I was with for 8 years and also even made Dustin Broke and me got married and Dirk Dreamer and even Joe Carr. Joe Carr was India looking guy sim that comes in every town and doesn't have a home or so he just comes out walking by your house or at malls or bars, etc. I did think he looked hot for a sim. I remember in the past since I made several of myself with different boyfriend I even ran into myself when going somewhere or seeing one passing by my house lol. I usually did though was save the file that has my sim and boyfriend and also of course before I even put anyone I saved my neighborhood so I can start over.

Later I got The Sims 3 and started playing that around 2011 and then last year I played The Sims 4 but since I wanted to start fresh on my accounts on every games I had so I deleted all my games so now I don't have The Sims 4 but will get it again when it's on sale again. I did this reset like thing around 7 months ago.

I remember on The Sims 3 I use to have I made straight guys brake up with his wife and he got a boyfriend and got married with his guy and lived in same house so that was really cool. I wish in real life I could make a straight guy gay and would be with me lol. Since as you know there are only 4% gay people and it's really really low.

#22 Worgen2, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2016
  3. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gone Home is one. When I got it, I thought it was a horror game.... but it was more of a pleasant surprise to learn that it was wasnt scary but more about discovering a love story.

4. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The Sims is my jam, I have Sims 4 and they've added an update where you can make two women or two men have biological children together. Which is cool, because then the child have the genes of both of their parents as opposed to just one or neither.

Safe to say, I did not wait to use that update.

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2016 at 03:49 PM ----------

*has, damn, I hate how you can't edit posts anymore. I get upset about not being able to fix typos.

Also, I got Huniepop as a joke because I saw Markiplier play it and I thought it looked hilarious. But it's kind of a dating simulator you can be a lesbian in that, no trouble.

5. twelvegraves

this thread is giving my life

i know of a game called dys4ia about being trans, i think
    i don't know much about it beyond it's about dysphoria and being trans since i cant play it yet and i don't want to spoil myself

that and "this is where i want to die"

6. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that Stardew Valley on Steam allows same-sex marriage! :slight_smile: I love the Harvest Moon series, but it's always been disappointing to me that I couldn't marry the girls I actually liked. Now, if only it were this easy to woo cute girls in real life... :grin:

7. Elysian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm nearly constantly in the market for "gay" games. My reccs are:

Loren: The Amazon Princess
    Coming out on Top (18+)
    Some of the A Choice of Games franchise
    The Mass Effect franchise (to this day I regret not saving Kaiden Alenko's slammin' booty)
    Stardew Valley is pretty great too
    Dragon Age- Dorian Pavus in Inquistion is one of the best developed characters in video games of any sexuality in my honest opinion.
    A steampunk/Victoriana video game that also has the gay romance option is Sunless Sea but it's not really that fleshed out honestly.

...and that's about all I can think of at the moment- I've always thought of dabbling in game design/making but I've never had the knowhow/time/coherent storyline to ever get into it. I'd love to see more LGBT inclusion in the AAA franchises.

8. Cinis

Cinis Guest

"Coming out simulator" by Nicky Case (The creator of the ":the game:" games so it's pretty humorous at times and more like a short story)

Well..the title pretty much tells you how it's an LGBT game...

9. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Probs doesn't make it count as an LGBT game but Tracer from Overwatch is canonically gay.

Just surprised no one mentioned that yet....

10. Lazuri

There's a very good reason for this. The writer who worked with Dorian is gay himself and was never allowed to write a gay character before, just straight and bisexual ones. When they finally had him make just a gay dude, he basically went "THIS IS MY MOMENT!" He pretty much nailed it. The character is pretty much perfectly written, relatable even for straight people and features very little gay stereotypes.

11. Zoe Izumi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How has nobody mentioned this yet?

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
    Even with it's occasional misgendering in the English translation(like using male pronouns when you choose female at the start of the game in some bits of dialouge or saying she for a character that is confirmed to be male, there is a spot in the game with many npc's frozen and on ALL of them it uses the same dialogue, so they just forgot to make a second line for the male npc's in that part, likewise they forgot a female version for some of the dialouge referring to the player) it is still a good game.

One of the free DLC missions includes a gender neutral person as the enemy for that part. Their actions I even feel were somewhat justified as a understandable reaction with how they described it. "rebelling against a system that doesn't allow them to truly express themselves because it only had the options of 'male or female' in avatar creation" The character outright says they are neither male or female.

While it does have them as the villian in that quest, they didn't play up stereotypes or anything, they had them being gender neutral be just a driving motivation for their actions when combined with the restrictions imposed on them by the digital system.

#31 Zoe Izumi, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  12. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you still have it you can redo it and save that slammin' booty

13. Elysian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ohhh, thanks for the context! Tbh I kind of view Dorian as the archetype for gay characters, especially in video games. Like if you can get a better thought out character in any sort of medium then please inform me of them. Also if he's not at least featured in the next installment of DA I'm going to be bitterer than one of Dorian's put-downs.

14. tranonymous

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Several people have already recommended Gone Home but I'll go ahead and recommend it too, it's sooooo touching!
    Almost every bioware game has same sex romance options for female characters, but only Mass Effect 3 and the Dragon Age games have same sex male options.
    Also try the point and click game 2064 Read Only Memories, it has a bunch of LGBT characters in it and it even gives you five different sets of pronouns to choose from for your character (and if none of them work for you, the game will let you make your own custom pronouns!).

15. A Number

The Mass Effect series, Overwatch has one confirmed lesbian character and the creators have said other characters are LGBTQ+ (though which ones have not been specified), Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas has a couple gay characters, Fallout 4 allows the player to romance any companion regardless of gender, a couple Metal Gear Solid games feature bi characters, the Last of Us, Outlast has a gay couple if I remember correctly, pretty much every Borderlands game (Mad Moxxi is bi or pan, Handsome Jack is widely assumed to be bi with a preference for women, Axton is bi, Hammerlock is gay, Springs is lesbian, Rhys *might* be bi, Zer0 is possibly non-binary [gender never officially cofirmed, but he's likely male or at least referred to as such], Torgue is bi, Maya is asexual, Mr. Shank is bi, and the list goes on), Gone Home revolves around a lesbian relationship and is a super cute indie game, 2064 Read Only Memories (still need to play it myself), Dragon Age features gay romance options, a pansexual character, gay characters, and trans characters, Fire Emblem features gay romance options along with a couple bi characters and at least one gender-non-conforming character.

#35 A Number, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2017
  16. Zero2Hero

yea, but some of that stuff was censored here in the west.

17. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends what region really because the PAL version of the games have them uncensored unlike the NTSC versions (i'm not sure about NTSC/J)

18. Amal

THIS, by far the best in the game. With a great voice actor (Ramon Tikaram).
    My personal favourite :slight_smile:

19. Blackrainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Corpse Party- One girl is in love with another, and it may or may not be reciprocated. (Warning, this is not a happy game and Bury Your Gays occurs.)

Telltale's The Walking Dead- One (previously happy) male gay couple in S2, one (Word of God confirmed) lesbian/bisexual in the Michonne mini series.

The Sims. All editions, but 3-4 allow unmodded same-sex marriage. Definitely my favourite example since no one has to die.

Bully- I've heard you can have same sex romances to complete a side quest?

In conclusion- We need more video games with LGBT characters, who are crucial to the action, and don't automatically die.

20. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Only found this out yesterday but the series "Nier" has a gay character in it named Emil.