1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT and Islam, why isn't it legal?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Nicholas7, Jul 5, 2018.

?

LGBT and Islam, why isn't it legal?

1. Islam should legalise gay rights

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Leave it the way it is.......

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would make a different argument. The behavior that you describe doesn't make one despise himself. It's is a symptom of a society that taught him to despise himself.

Including religion.

2. justaguyinsf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's the kind of cop-out that keeps many gay men in a state of stunted adolescence their whole lives. Gay men need to assume their full role as grown men and accept responsibility for the consequence of their own behavior.

3. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Justaguy

Yet gay and bisexual men attempt suicide at a higher rate. Depression and anxiety disorders are higher.

When one is told, as a lot of young gay man, that they are less because of their sexuality it does cause low self esteem.

People with low self esteem are more likely to seek validation. One of the ways this manifests is to seek validation through sex.

I am not being sarcastic when I write this. But I am happy for you that you were able to overcome these burdens that society has placed on gay people. I really am. But, many of us struggle, daily, with being told we are less and sucking it up and being a "grown and responsible man" is not easily done.

I've hooked up with a couple dozen guys over the last two years. No I do not engage in sex with them all...not even close.

But, these guys have a need to be validated by me. I don't do it with sex. But, I do recognize they have been through a lot of shit in their lives and are unsure even how they should behave.

I was once offered oral sex to help one of these guys move. I declined. This, now friend, was taken aback that I valued him as a person and not a sex object.

I think we should recognize that religion and societal influences can have profound negative effects on our community and maybe not be too judgmental.