1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT and being a parent

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rade, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know what to put really....I'm bi/gay and I'm also a father to 3 kids. I wanted to ask if there are any other LGBT parents in the forum? And how they manage life/bringing up kids?
    I am OUT now but still live with their mum. Things are diffucult and I might need to leave soon. I thought we could co parent in the same house . But perhaps a clean break is needed. My kids are 13, 10, and 6. They don't know I'm LGBT.
    I'm confident but all this plays on my emotions. I will not walk away from my responsibilities but at the same time need to find me and a nice yummy guy!!
    Rade

2. Spaceman

Hi Rade. I came out as a gay man 4 years ago after a long term straight marriage. We are now divorced and I'm remarried to my husband. My ex wife and I have 2 amazing kids who have adapted remarkably well.

Has it been easy? Definitely not. Are there still struggles with guilt and the issues that go with being a nontraditional family? Yes. Do I regret coming out? No. If you'd like to know more, feel free to ask.

3. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Spaceman
    It's good to know I'm not alone, thank you for responding. I just find it challenging somedays which is to be expected. I suppose I thought I could live a straight life till my kids grow up but it's not possable and now they are stuck in the middle. I am positive it will work out eventually.