1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Letters

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CAT0, Aug 20, 2020.

1. CAT0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am writing a letter to come out to my dad and i'm giving him this letter so he can think about it over the weekend I'm at my moms (This friday) and this is what it says
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey Dad, sorry I couldn't tell you this in person but I don't know how you'll react. I've done my research and have had help from friends (yall) What is so important I couldn't tell you in person? I'm Trans. I am NOT confused and this is NOT a faze. I gave you this letter so you can think about this over the weekend. I've been thinking about this for months and decided this is the best way to come out to you.
    P.S. This letter is for you and you only. Please do not ask or tell anybody else about this. I will come out to the on my own.

Love you dad! See you Sunday!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just so everybody knows, my dad will not react badly, I just don't want to talk about it when I tell him. And I don't want to into all the details with him yet. Anyway should I do any tweaks? Or does it look fine?

2. MylesAbel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I personally think you should make it a wee longer... other than that it's good.

CAT0 likes this.
  3. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    quebec likes this.
  4. LaraB

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree you should make it a bit longer. You don’t need to go into all the details but explain a bit more about how you’re feeling and why you want to write it in a letter. I hope it goes well, and congratulations for making the step.

5. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Agreed. Try to explain why you think you're trans. You don't need to go into a lot of detail, but write honestly and from the heart.

Oh that phase is spelt with a 'ph' (sorry I'm an English tutor so it's in my nature to correct spag!)

Good luck! Do let us know how it goes!

Beth

6. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    CAT0.....Yes...check out the sample letters here on Empty Closets. I think they could be a big help for you!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: