1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

letter to and from mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by limfjord96, Mar 3, 2009.

1. kayar

Oh boy, I can't see the keyboard through my suppressed tears!

I've truly seldom seen such a well thought out, balanced, and sincere letter in my life. I thought I could do letters, but hey - we're in the company of the Master!

Sooo well done!!!!!!

Your Mom is just incredible, you should be soooo very proud. Judging by each of your letters, I would guess you've been lucky enough to have got many of your Mom's qualities and virtues. You're both simply astounding.

Congratulations, both of you! Hope you feel able to talk to her soon, she's waiting for you to call!

P.S. Can I stop crying now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Jim1454

Ditto. Sitting at my desk crying! Damn. It's OK for a man to do that though.

This is one of the best - if not THE BEST - coming out threads ever. Thanks for sharing your story with us. It was AWESOME. (*hug*)

3. biisme

This.is.great.

I can't tell you how happy I am for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(*hug*) (!)

4. olides84

I know I commented last night, but I just read it again. I agree with Jim about how amazing, amazing, AMAZING both your letter and your mom's are. A few lines of hers just made such an impact on me:

"Remember, I am a mother of sons - there's always room for one more!! "

"You will NEVER disappoint us. We are so honored to be your parents and recognize what a privilege it is to have you as our son."
    Isn't that what any gay guy who is coming out wants to hear from his folks? :slight_smile:

I am so happy for you going forward... (*hug*)

And you should share these replies with your mom, she deserves it! :thumbsup:

5. revolutionrock

Your mom's response brings tears to my eyes at a time when it feels like I shouldn't be able to cry either.

Congratulations, dude. :slight_smile:

6. Melissa

^_^ Your letter was wonderful and your *amazing* mom's response was truly beautiful. Like everyone else, I needed a tissue! Congratulations!

7. limfjord96

thanks everyone. I definitely think i got som eof my writing qualities from her... she is pretty awesome, i went to call her today but i was driving i figured i shouldnt because i know for sure we will be crying...lol...she texted me and told me not to call until i was comfortable...so i think i will wait until i am drunk...lol...i am glad i have had so many good responses for this, and i hope that it sheds a little ray of hope for those of us that are crying in the darkness of the closet :slight_smile:. I will for sure show her the responses, or atleast read them to her. Thanks everyone

8. LostInNJ

LostInNJ Guest

A man after my own heart lol!

9. TriBi

Sorry - I've had little time here in the last couple of days and have only just seen this. Has to be one of the best 'coming out' stories I have seen here. :grin:

Can we clone your Mom? :wink:

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to the other side. :slight_smile:

Lex

11. Mickey

I always say I love good coming out stories,but this one is,by far,the best one I have ever heard/read!
    You and your mom are amazing! Just incredible! I'm another person,sitting here,tearing up!
    All I can say is WOW! Oh...and welcome to your new and open life!

12. limfjord96

thanks man i am pretty happy...i just went to sushi with some friends and they all want to hook me up with a hot guy..lol...one girl said i probably have the same taste in men...i loved it

13. brittstevenson

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow...thank you for having the courage to come out in that beautiful letter...it touched my heart and I am so glad you shared it here...your parents letters are great too...thank you again for posting them...I am glad that it went so well (*hug*)

14. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Holy thread necro.
    But I'm glad this was brought up again so I could read it. The first sentence of her reply instantly made me teary, and that's a rare occurrence. Haha

15. withoutApaddle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I need to just send this letter as written to my mom. I can't find the words to tell her, and I feel like I'm reading about myself.

16. PatyR

I'm so happy for you! Those were some beauteous letters... my words can explain it.
    I hope everyone would be that accepting! <3 Good luck from now and on!

17. squally89

Where's the LIKE button on EC?

18. broadway26

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    can i just start by saying, i was crying the whole time while i was reading this? this hit home, i can relate to this so easily... i hope one day when i come out to my parents they will accept me much like your mom. Congratulations, and thanks for being well, i don't know how to describe it... a role model, courageous, you name it. I just want to say thanks for showing me how you got through to your mother, thanks again <3

19. madi

So beautiful...warmed my heart

20. pteen

Congratulations! As I'm sure you have heard about a million times already :slight_smile: I'm not sure how the rest of your family reacted but if they're anything like your mom they are awesome! I'm glad she took it well, and the two of you wrote excellent letters, may much happiness come to you, your friends, and your family in the future! :grin: