1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

letter to and from mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by limfjord96, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Greggers

Heh, im still crying somewhat. (pull yourself TOGETHER greg! *slap*)

That....is....amazing. Dan...wow. Your mother is like a saint. I dont care if she kills puppies at night, because that letter right there makes up for whatever faults she may have. She truly loves you, and wants you to be happy. Sometimes its hard for our parents to show that :slight_smile:

And i just loved that line, heh, Dan your amazing :slight_smile:

2. olides84

Wow! What a strong and fantastic letter from you, and the most amazing response from a parent I think I've ever seen. My eyes started watering from her first sentence, and by the end... :tears: What a Mom you have! Congrats!

3. DexterMorgan

You have the best mom in the world!

Congrats!!!

4. Daniel6

WOW...The letters brought tears to my eyes.
    Congratuations (&&&)

5. mikeh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That has to be about the most amazing story I ever read... in the middle of your mother's letter I just cried... how absolutely wonderful for you!

6. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I nearly had tears in my eyes, that was so amazing. I love your mom so much! That is awesome! She is so cool! Congratz!

(that's a lot of exclamation marks, lol...)

7. kramer362

Dude stop littering the coming out thread with your rapid coming-outs. What is this like four in one week?

Kidding Dan, proud of you! (&&&)

8. limfjord96

lol...yeah i guess its a pretty steep learning curve. And thanks for all the nice comments i hope it helps everyone fight away fears. My mother is fantastic and i cant believe how great that letter is. did i mention she sent it at 2 am...lol...and i love my brother for texting her to check her mail....i everyday i know i am blessed and it pains me that not everyone can have such a welcoming experience, but if it wasnt for you guys and gals i never would have, and i may not even be alive. I am pretty excited now, i even changed the desktop picture on my laptop to a shirtless sidney crosby and now everytime i see it i am ahappy bc i am not looking behind me to see who is coming. I am very nervous and anxious (same thing i guess) to start my new life i feel like a 15 year old boy, and i am scared bc i dont knwo what the future holds, but i am a little excited. My buddy Jeremy from work said "how lucky are you man, you get relive the 15 yearold passion and awkwardness that people take for granted and you never got to truly enjoy it. He hugged me and said how lucky i was to have him and my other buddy nick as my wing man bc i am the good looking one...lol...that cracked me up. I will let yall know how te pops handles it....phew!!!! deep breath

9. EM68

Hey that's how I felt. I felt like a teenager again especially when I started to date. It was better because I have a lot more wisdom now. :slight_smile: Sounds like you have some awesome friends.

10. limfjord96

dating makes me nervous, because i dont know what to do and i am still uncomfotrable with the gay scene and i may be forever. Ive just recently started working on my sefl esteem and self image, so i think once i am happy with the way i look and feel then maybe it will be easier, atleast i am hoping

11. TheRoof

that is so great! congratulations!

12. EM68

Take your time. Maybe join a couple of groups to start meeting people. I actually found it more comfortable dating guys and striking up conversation than with women.

13. limfjord96

i shouldnt have a problem conversing, i am a pretty outgoing individual who loves to talk :slight_smile: i am just worried about being so vulnerable right now ya know?

14. EM68

I understand. Like I said take your time. When you are more comfortable with things then you can start dating.

15. george678

The response reminds me of Becky.

16. hiddendc4

That is so awesome that you have a super supportive family like that and yes I read your other thread about your dad, but your moms response made me start to tear up about a third the way through. Congrats though!!!!

17. LostInNJ

LostInNJ Guest

I agree. Mom's response is so strong, its very heartfelt. Congrats again! Truely awesome.

18. LorenzG1950

Well Dan, I hope you’re proud of yourself. Your mom’s response made me cry at work. :icon_redf Your coming out wins the “tear jerker of-the month” award. I’m sure your mom’s response will encourage a few more folks to come out. I wish all parents were as understanding. Congratulations and good luck. And thanks for the happy tears. (!)(!)

19. ricoca

Congrats DAN!
    you've mustered up the courage that i've tried to build up over the years in only 2-3 months!
    i'm so amazed by you :grin:
    hope everything goes well from this point on!

20. riddlerno1

awwww thats an amzing!!! (wipes tears off the floor!!) Congrats, your family sound great!