1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let someone know you're thinking of them

Discussion in 'Anonymous Support and Advice' started by Anonymous, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Anonymous

Christian,

You know I care about you a lot, right? I often feel terrible about the whole friends thing because that wasn't fair for me to do to you. I feel so bad because you really do mean the world to me. I don't want to hurt you, never. That's why I overthink everything about our friendship; I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable, awkward, or like there is some sense of obligation you have to me. I never would purposely put you in that position. Honestly, I'd put myself through a lot of pain if I thought it'd make you happier or more comfortable. Hell, I've done it before — the whole not friends thing was one of the hardest things I've ever done. It tore me apart so fast. It was hard to breathe for that week that just felt like a lifetime.

Above all else, I want you to know that you mean so much to me. More than I can ever tell you because that'd just hurt what we already have. I don't want to lose you again, that was stupid of me to think that'd solve our problems. I've been too afraid to admit this to myself, but I really do think I love you. That's not fair for either of us, but it is what it is, and it doesn't change that I want you as a friend.

(to clarify, this dude is straight and I'm not)

2. Anonymous

Mom and Dad,

I know you guys care about me so much, more than I can ever comprehend. That's why I find it so hard to tell you how I feel. I don't want you to have to worry about me. I know it's hard for you to hear that I'm struggling, and that I'm not really comfortable in my own skin. I know it ripped you to shreds to hear that I want to die. I'm so sorry for that.

I also want to say that I'm sorry if I move far away, but this place has too much bad feeling left to it. I need something new, and somewhere more accepting. I really do want to spread my wings and learn to love myself, but with everything that's here, I don't know if I can do that. I want to be somewhere where I think I can find someone to love. I'm sorry for that too.

3. Anonymous

J

I was pleasantly surprised when you wanted to spend more time with me.

I do hope you mean it though, often times I take things people say too seriously. It may just have been a passing remark, out of politeness... Made me smile nonetheless.

I'm prepared to be disappointed... But at the same time, very very excited about getting to talk with you more.

These little things you do make me so happy... I have to keep myself from grinning like a fool when I see you.

4. Truna

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whatever person is responding directly to anonymous messages, stop. It raises hopes unnecessarily and it's just cruel.

5. Anonymous

i miss you, A. When I am feeling better I promise you I will take you out sometime and we can go have some fun.

6. Anonymous

I miss what we've had, but I know things are better for us both now. The friendship can continue the way it has before we were together. Hey, we gave it a fair chance and things just went awry. But I won't easily forget all the good times we've shared, and all the hard times we made through together. Maybe one day, when things are better, we can try again. For now, though, your friendship is enough. It's not every day you see a broken relationship continue as friendship. Thank you for being so awesome and loving and loyal. I will always have a special place in my heart for you, so when circumstances are better, we can try to rekindle our love flame. Stay awesome. Love always xxx

7. Anonymous

Dear he-who-shall-not-be-named,
    I hope you realize how much you made me hate myself. How much I ruined your life. How you are a trigger for me. Why i don't want to see you. You broke me. I was hopefully and naive. Now i'm cynical and sad. In another timeline things would be different. But this is the timeline. And this is how i feel.

8. Anonymous

Dear J,

I doubt you'll ever read this but I actually kinda think you're pretty cute. I hardly even know you, but I've somehow fallen for you. The few times that we have talked have made me feel special inside. You just always seem to put a smile on my face. Something about you just seems to appeal to me. I don't even know you're sexuality, but maybe one day we can get to know each other better, even if it's just as friends. :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
    J (as in a different J)

9. Anonymous

D;
    I think about you all the time. I really want to become closer with you. You don't seem to feel the same however. Hope to see or hear from you soon, I really enjoy your company..
    K.

10. Anonymous

S

You are on my mind a lot of the time. I miss you and I so wish you'd make contact with me again. All the resources I've tried, have failed to get me closer to you. I can't remember exactly where you live, as I've only been there once. I no longer have your phone number so even if I manage to find your place, I won't be able to let you know I'm there at the gate. And seeing as it's a high security apartment block you live(d) in, there's no way they'd let me in without your permission or knowledge.

I've tried finding you on Facebook too, with no luck. You seem to have vanished into thin air, but I get to relive the precious memories of when we were happy together. You really were/are an angel and I couldn't have asked for a better partner. I was foolish to let you go. We could've been together still and happy. But I guess all things happen for a reason. Please forgive me for my foolishness. I will always love you.

M

11. Anonymous

Ab,
    I still love you and think about you everyday. I'm sorry for the way things turned out. I take full responsibility, I just didn't know how to handle what I was going through and you obviously didn't know how to help. I shouldn't have gotten mad because you didn't want to talk to me about it. I know you'll never read this but I hope soon you will call me or text me so I can tell you myself. Anyway I'm sorry bro. I miss you so bad. I need your friendship back. I've never had a better friend than you. But I hope your doing well and having a successful life wherever you are.
    Love, D

12. Lynn12

Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    H, I hope you get better. I'm not going to get mad at you. I'm going to stick with you. I know you have a drug problem, and I know you went to jail. I'm thinking that's why you have been feeling a bit angrier than usual. You need to get treatment, and I know you can do it and get through this.
    -R-

#2632 Lynn12, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  13. Anonymous

After your phone call today, I now understand. You don't ever have to worry. I will always be there for you. That's a promise.

14. Anonymous

L: stay strong. you're amazing. I love you.
    S: I'm not good enough for you but it's not like you would like me anyway. You're gorgeous and funny and maybe a little bit of a bad girl, but that makes you, you.
    G: I don't even know anymore.
    R: I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you
    M+D: I'm sorry. I love you

15. Anonymous

I haven't posted on here in a while. It was knowing you that brought me here, but I still frequented it for some time afterwards.

I enjoyed seeing you again, and it brought back memories. I wish I could tell you that whatever non-friend stuff I felt is long gone and now even seems unimaginable. I'd definitely not go so far as to say I'm completely straight, but usually the guys I find attractive are androgynous. I've never even had sexual contact with another guy anyway and even if I think I could probably enjoy at least some it with a small number of androgynous guys, I really have no interest in finding out. I know I like girls and I'm happy to stay on that side.

I think what stood out about you in my mind was your personality: your kindness towards me and your deep concern for people you love, including your family. That's something I can associate with, although I'm not nearly as good at showing affection to people outside my family as you are. I really do admire your abilities there and even if I can no longer imagine feeling what I once did, the feelings were real. You're the only guy I ever felt completely that way about and I think it's partly because of your many good qualities as a person.

I do wonder if the fact that I once had feelings for you makes you want to avoid getting close. If it does, I can understand. I can't bring it up, but I do wish you knew it's long gone and I don't think there's any risk of it returning. Maybe loneliness played a role as well and the fact that I really wanted to become friends with you. My closest friend here was going through a tough time when it started, because of geographical separation from his girlfriend. I didn't know many other people here, so maybe that took a toll. Things are different now, and I haven't felt lonely like that in a long time.

I guess I still don't completely understand my sexual attractions. I know they're based more on things like facial appearance and personality than on gender-specific things. That's probably why the gender barrier doesn't seem so hard to me. Even though a return of the feelings I once had seems completely implausible, I can still objectively say that you're attractive in both of those areas. It's similar with your sister. I don't know her well enough to know what her personality is like, but she's certainly one of the most beautiful people I've ever met.

I still remember the first time I met her. It was a situation not unlike the recent one. I doubt she'd even remember I was there, but when you first see someone as beautiful as she is, it leaves an impression. I don't think I'll ever forget that. I barely know her, but I guess I assume she shares the same sort of loyalty and devotion to family and loved ones that you have. If she does, then she's a rare beauty and any guy who has a chance with here would be crazy to not try and win her heart.

I wish I had a chance with her, but I just can't imagine it. I already feel old compared to you and she's even younger, plus I'm pretty much a nerd and she could easily attract athletic guys. I have to admit I think about it, especially now that I think she's no longer together with her (ex) boyfriend. She has an effect on me, as much now as when I first saw her, and my mind keeps going back to her smile when we said goodbye. It's wonderful to see her happy and I wish I knew her well enough to have the chance to try to do that. Realistically, though, why would she have any interest in me? I think I need to let it out here to stop thinking about it, because it seems completely unrealistic.

16. Anonymous

Dear A(not anyone on this site)

It's been years since you and I last talked. I must say that when you ghosted me I was pretty devastated. At one time I was prepared to spend the rest of my life with you. Time has eased the scars in my heart. I am no longer so hurt and angry any more. Mostly what I feel for you is pity. I expected great things of you, even if it was not meant to be between us. Here I am slowly doing the things that I said I would, starting my own business, doing what actually matters to me and hopefully making a difference to others, and you haven't done anything with yourself. What happened? Maybe you are stuck because you can't be honest with yourself or others. I wish that you had actually taken your passions seriously. Hopefully someday you actually decide to live your life instead of simply existing, but I won't hold my breath.

17. Truna

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    C,

I hate straight crushes, but I like you so much that it hurts. Why are you so nice? Why are you so understanding? Why are you both a goody-two-shoes and a rebel? and did I mention you're cute? Your eyes are gorgeous. (You keep joking about braiding my hair because you really want to, but you're too nice to push it, and I'm too scared to say yes. I would explode. Also, I feel like an absolute creep). Why are you so smart and musical and a fantastic friend? What is wrong with me? At this point I probably just need closure, honestly. I should just come out to you and confess to you and kill the friendship to get over you. That scares me so, so much though - you're the kindest, sweetest person I've ever met. (Also, I get SO unreasonably jealous when you talk to Ben). I can't believe I haven't gotten over you yet. It's been 2 years since I've noticed you. This is ridiculous. Why the hell did you smile at me on the stairwell in 10th grade???

I thought at this point I'd be sane enough to stop getting straight crushes, but apparently I'm just really good at enabling myself. God damn it.

A