1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian but I like only feminine girls?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by fxngirl, Aug 28, 2015.

1. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

I'm a very feminine girl but generally I only like feminine girls. Does it make me less of a lesbian? I know it sounds like a dumb question but I don't know what to think.

2. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, it doesn't make you any lessbian (I'm bad at this, I know). It's called "standards".

3. Lyana

I wouldn't say standards so much as a preference or type.

If you're only into women, you are a lesbian. You don't have to be into all women to be a lesbian -- that would be a pretty ridiculous expectation.
    Many straight women are only into "masculine" guys -- they're stil straight, aren't they?

4. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I'm the same way girlie! I'm feminine and other feminine women are just so cute! Butch can be cute (to other people) but it's not our preference.

There's something seriously sexy about feminine women! I can't deny a cute girl with her hair done all nice and smokey hot makeup with a sexy skirt and top to go with! I mean c'mon. So gorgeous!

I totally understand you here! And it all comes down to preference! We're both still total lesbians! xx

5. mapleluv

We all have our preferences, no shame there. Definitely doesn't make you less of a lesbian, maybe more, it shows how much you appreciate femininity. I feel like most of the lesbians I know are femmes primarily into femmes.

I'm a femme who's usually only into butches, you have no idea how often I get the whole, "So why don't you just date men?" spiel. (Because men do not have boobs or vaginas, duh.)

6. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

Yeah I totally agree with you, and I'm glad to hear from someone who has my same preferences :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 28th Aug 2015 at 03:20 PM ----------

Thank you all for the replies! :slight_smile: (&&&)

7. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Count me in too!

8. Lipstick Leuger

Nope, still a lesbian. I love Butch women and am only attracted to them. Everyone has a type and that is yours.

9. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    definitely make you less of a lesbian, I am a femme only into other femme girl and while I am bi I am pretty sure only dating other feminine girl don't make me any less bi :wink:

Everybody has their own preference and it's perfectly fine. :slight_smile:

10. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No, don't think that! It just means that you have a type. People stereotype lesbians as "butch" and that Femme girls like Butch girls. no, not all do. So don't worry, it doesn't make you less of a lesbian. I don't think anyone can be less of a lesbian if you are one already. You just like who you like, and it doesn't make you less of a lesbian.

11. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're probably in the majority.

12. Lipstick Leuger

People have the idea that it's always Butch/Femme pairings that are 'true'(I use this subjectively)lesbian realtionships, but actually we are the minority.

Butch/Femme is SO in the minority, that other lesbians question me if I 'really' am gay at all. Because, if I wanted to date a masculine woman, why not 'date a man'? I am just 'trying to be politically correct' and all sorts of crap like that. They give the idea that Femmes are looking for Butch lesbians to take the place of a male in their lives. I have heard here on the boards that I subscribe to the Patriarchy, am to 'scared' to actually have a relationship with a 'feminine woman' who is my 'equal' and all sorts of shit.

So, you are the majority of lesbian pairings out there these days and normal. No worries. :slight_smile:

13. bidemi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Personally i see my self as 60% femme and 40%butch.
    But am mostly attracted to femme girls.but i gotta admit some butch do look cute

14. mochii

Same girl same! I have yet to be into a butch girl but who knows maybe one day