1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaving

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by VenomTail, Mar 30, 2018.

1. VenomTail

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know I only just joined but now I'm leaving.

Ever since I joined I've been attacked for my opinions and I don't need to deal with that.

This place looks nice but it really seems quite toxic. And I can't deal with it.

So with that said gooday to you all!

2. Blast

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear that. You seem like a cool person. As far as I am concerned, you are always very welcome here. Maybe you could take some time and reconsider?

Good luck either way mate.

#2 Blast, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  3. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, sorry to see you go. I have no clue if you'll actually read this but I'll give my little spiel that I always do about differing opinions. You are always allowed to have a different opinion than others, but you also have to be willing to hear others' opinions and talk about them. Nothing happens without open dialogue. That's why we're here, for dialogue. If something bothers you, say it. It creates that conversation.

I deal with this a lot with one of my classmates when it comes to politics. She always feels like her views are never represented, because she's conservative, but she never talks about them and instead would rather stifle conversation of topics that differ from hers than talk about her own opinions. If she did, yes some people would disagree with her, but it would create conversation and there is nothing wrong with creating conversation.

For example, I skimmed your homophobes post and while I do think homophobes are terrible, I actually do see where you are coming from and you have a valid point.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry you're feeling attacked. That isn't something we ever want.

I did take a quick look at your posts. From what I can see, I don't think you've been attacked, more that people have discussed and challenged your viewpoints, which is what you'll find on *any* discussion board. There's a huge difference between attacking and respectful discussion.

I also saw your post where you said that all your friends left you after you came out and you don't have any presently.

So I'd respectfully suggest you might want to consider sticking around, because I think part of the issue you're having is in making new friends, which might be influenced by the way you're coming across to people.

I think if you do stick around, and consider that the community here is all about helping people better understand themselves, improve their lives and the way they communicate... you might really benefit from the interactions here.

I mean, you can go off and find some other community, but until you change the way you interpret what people are saying, and perhaps be thoughtful about some of your responses, you are likely to continue to have the issues. And most online communities aren't nearly as kind and thoughtful and carefully moderated as this one is.

Of course, in the end, it's all up to you.

#4 Chip, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  5. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know you, but *hugs* :frowning2:

6. Jerrylee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just wanted to say I want to be friends with u.....but... u ....:cry:

7. polecat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Please don't go , maybe take a deep breath and stop and look at as the ones you think are attacking you as they are just trying to help . Yes everyone has there own opinions and thoughts about how things should be done and how people should act but that is just it they are just opinions it does not mean you have to agree with them and you certainly do not have to do them . If you are not willing / able to open your mind and look at things from other peoples point of view you are going to always feel like you are being beat up and attacked. I
    I am saying these things because I know exactly how you are feeling because I felt the same way for years and it cost me a lot of good friends and even family to have nothing to do with me now and haven't for years . I would hate that to happen to you ,everyone deserves to be happy and find that one person/persons that make them happy . I will step back and let you do what you feel you must do . I hope that you will take a few min and think about it before you give up on us because this is an amazing forum and they really do care and want to be there for you when you need a shoulder to cry or lean on . Lots and lots of hugs to you .

Your friend Polecat :slight_smile:

8. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whatever happens, good luck to you.