1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaving a relationship and staying out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Secrets5, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,

So if I want to end a relationship how do I do that with strength to stay out? Also, how to with added "guilt trips" from them to try and make me stay?

How do I stay out if they go badmouthing me saying I'm abandoning or selfish for leaving them? In the case of them attempting to make me look bad or make my friends or family hate me?

20 year old bi female in the UK whose never been in a relationship, for context.

Thanks.

#1 Secrets5, Dec 23, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    'I don't like you anymore because of (insert reason), I'm breaking up with you, I wish the best for you, bye'

*deletes or blocks phone number*

Done.

3. shasha1997

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think depends on your reasons for breaking away. if ex claps bad tea about you you need make sure family and friends know you dumped him/her out and your think why is was right thing to did for you. ex's allows gossip each other so be first to advertise guilt away from yourself

4. eismeister

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The strength to stay out will get bigger with time. The first few days are the worst because you are so used to them. I made the mistake of breaking up with the man I was with when I thought I was straight and a day later getting back together. Two years later broke up for good. Even though knew I was gay, still felt terrible. I found that distracting yourself in anyway possible is really helpful. Go to a movie, take a walk outside, and most importantly, turn off your phone. Best of luck, you can do it :slight_smile: