1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Later stages of transitioning? FTM

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Kodo, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi all, it's been a while since I posted regularly here. I used to come by all the time with updates and such on my transition. I've been transitioning since January 2016, started T in 2018, had top surgery in 2019, and a hysterectomy in 2021. I've legally changed my name and everyone knows me for who I am. But as time has gone on I have felt like I've lost touch with the trans community. I only know one FTM guy older than me, and I can't ask him questions about his transition for other reasons. Is there anyone here who might have advice for later stages of FTM transition? I feel like I have finally almost reached the end of my transition. I feel so much more complete after my surgeries and years of hormones. But a little lost on where I fit in now, if that makes sense. Honestly just looking for some friends to talk to who have been down similar paths. Aren't we all?

#1 Kodo, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Depends on exactly what you are looking for. I am an AMAB woman who has lived as a woman for many years now, so while our stage might be similar we are opposite directions. While I have not had vaginoplasty I feel that I am a complete woman. At least for certain I am living as a woman, the only people who know my birth assignment are my boyfriend and medical personnel.