1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Landed a Date! .... But Now What Do I Do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tipthescales, Sep 23, 2015.

1. tipthescales

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just landed a date with a cool girl! It was on one of those dating apps but she goes to my university. She seems cool and pretty eager to agree to go, but I'm honestly extremely nervous.

First of all, I haven't actually been with a girl yet, so I don't know what to expect. Secondly, I've never been the more -- assertive? -- personality. I mean that by saying I carried most of the conversation and asked her, which leads me to believe that will be the way it is when we actually go out. I feel like I have no clue what to do :tears:

I asked her to coffee, which she said she didn't drink. She still agreed though, so I'll just figure something different out :eusa_doh: But she seemed happy!

Anyway, I was just hoping some of you might have some tips? Thanks in advance.

2. Really

I would say, just try to have fun. Don't try to be anything you think she's expecting you to be because you don't want to be working that hard.

If you're having fun and she's having fun, you're winning. :slight_smile:

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know everyone says this, but they do so of a reason - Relax and be yourself!

Rather than thinking of it as a date, think of it as sitting next to someone on your first day of class at school, and the professor is running late. What do you do during those 15 minutes? I assume you start to have a conversation with the person next to you and just talk about stuff. Any stuff. Whatever comes to mind.

4. tipthescales

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the advice guys! I'm leaving in just a few minutes to meet her, and we're going to go get some food. Hopefully it goes well!

5. Really

It will go well. I'm sure.
    If you feel like it, let us know. :slight_smile:

6. Donteatthesushi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Take her somewhere nice, but try not to be cliche. Don't do cliche first date stuff. But overall be yourself and don't try to be someone else. If she loves you for who you are then you're good, if not mourn the loss but move on. Just be friendly and receptive, talk to her and listen to her. Be open to her emotions.

#6 Donteatthesushi, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015