1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lady Gaga

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Pepsi, Mar 9, 2010.

1. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I watched it! Lady Gaga is awesome. I liked when she talked about bullying and being yourself no matter what.

2. MusicMan12

Yeah I liked that part too! But I did think her story was a little weird in that part because she said she was "bullied because her hair was always the nicest". Oh poor gaga, I'm sure other people have gotten bullied for worse reasons than having nice hair.

Other than that one sentence though, I absolutly loved the show. My parents always thought it was weird that I liked Lady GaGa, but now they see that she's not just some weirdo...:eusa_clap

3. omgnoway

omgnoway Guest

I loved her thanksgiving special too! btw was that sneek peek for marry the night really going to be in the music video? or is it just a choreography sneak peek?

4. MusicMan12

I realize that this is somewhat old news, but I just read that on Dec 5th Lady Gaga announced that she will be going on a record-breaking 2 year, 450 stop tour. And I think she confirmed the tour will be called the Born This Way Ball

I can't tell you how excited I am. I heard that all of her shows sell out before you can exhale, but since she's playing that many shows, I may have a chance!!! It's my dream to go to one of her concerts! :slight_smile:

5. Bedroom Hymns

Dude, you'll love it. She's amazing live!

6. MusicMan12

I know! I saw the DVD of the Monster Ball in NYC!! Soooooo awesome! And inspirational! I really hope I can get a ticket

7. just b urself

i dont know much bout her but im reallly growing to love her.she seems fairly openminded and kindhearted.fav song is born this way!add me if ur a lil monster :slight_smile:

8. Mr.Pushover

As if I'll ever get a chance to see her live.

9. GuyDC21

I like her alot. Sure, she is Madonna 2.0, but she's much better and has a funky-cool style. Fabulous Gaga(!)

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone else notice that over the years Gaga really has evolved quite a bit? I mean her music in like The Fame and Fame Monster was more kind of just fuck with your head music. But Born This Way, a lot of the songs really had messages to them. I mean yes I know how people feel with the whole Born This Way topic, but I mean Born This Way, and then you've got songs like Hair, The Queen, Edge of Glory, You and I, etc they all really have stand-out meanings of being true to yourself, love, being proud for you and hell your hair lol, and just the idea that you can win at life.

I love how Gaga put where Edge of Glory came from:
    Just from that and so many other, Judas example being about forgiveness, betrayal, and letting yourself embrace both the good and bad sides of yourself because it gives you more light (after all, how can you "shine" if you have no shadows, you're not in the light if you don't have a shadow)

So yeah I'd definitely say that all says it all. Gaga's come a long way and while I know a lot of people criticize her for how she wears crazy outfits, or how she's "Madonna 2.0" >_> I feel she still has meaning behind everything she does, she's not just "oh I'm going to just fuck with everyone's mind"

11. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to be one of those people who just shoved her off and pretty much hated on her for "fun," but now I'm actually almost a fan. She's not my favorite artist, but she's pretty damn amazing. I'm glad such an artist has made it to the mainstream, god knows we need it.

12. MusicMan12

This is all SO true! AND she said she's started working on the next album and already has a name for it!! Just imagine what it's gonna be like!

13. ZiggyStardust

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have to admit that I am quite the Lady Gaga fan! I mean, I sure as hell am not a little monster, but I have to say that I do find her.. I don't know.. maybe, "interesting"? Haha, she's very fun to watch and some of her songs don't just stick to you, they are actually good! Yoü and I and The Edge of Glory being among them.

14. alex7song

I LOVE BORN THIS WAY :grin:! What do you guys think will be the next single if she decides to have one? I'm really hoping Scheisse or Goverment Hooker! I love those and I think they would be big hits! Also loving Fashion of His Love and Amen Fashion! Ahh! Gaga :grin:!

15. waitingfordawn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Not to be a downer, but I liked Gaga... well, until it became less about pop and more about politics. :bang: No thanks, lady! I'll not take "Born This Way" as my anthem, thanks. And I just want to say that Madonna did it better than Gaga ever could. :lol:

#1915 waitingfordawn, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  16. Bedroom Hymns

Gaga acoustic or just piano >>>>>>>>>>> Gaga pop.

17. MusicMan12

I think it's going to either be Heavy Metal Lover or Amen Fashion. 'Cause on New Year's Eve in New York City, she started her set off with Heavy Metal Lover and it surprised everyone. And on twitter a couple weeks ago, she was talking about Amen Fashion and said "I might even get drunk and argue that it's the best song on the album"

Whatever it is, I'm sure the video will be fantastic :slight_smile:

18. alex7song

Amen Fashion would be an awesome single :grin:

19. MusicMan12

Lady GaGa puts Born This Way on the Shelves... :frowning2: No more singles...
    Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way' Shelved; No More... | Gather

edit: ALSO she said somewhere her next album is very "Metal"-ish or something like that. I personally don't think that's going to go over well...Is this the beginning of the end for mother monster????

#1919 MusicMan12, Jan 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  20. kem

kem

GaGa should just break the boundaries and go metal! Metal jazz pop, now there'd be a unique mix.

#1920 kem, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012