1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lady Gaga

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Pepsi, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well and... to be so totally disingenuous about it. Like he didn't plan that whole thing, knowing it would draw attention and create controversy. That's what annoyed me more than anything else, the "Oh, I didn't plan to do that, I just sorta got caught up in the moment."

I would have given him more credit if he'd just owned up to it, or if it had been truly that he was taken by the moment, but it was so obviously staged to be outrageous, it just pissed me off.

2. Gosaints

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i Love her, shes a preety good role model too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Music is awesome too

3. Cracked Actor

I liked the Telephone video. She does great things, yeah, not entirely original, but still great!

What I don't like is that she does these sorts of "collages" of ideas. There's no cohesion in her work. Does somebody else think so too? D:

4. Beachboi92

I think a lot of people downplay lady Gaga as an artist stating she is all about shock value which i can understand you thinking but how about this. Lady gaga is a PERFORMANCE ARTIST, when she writes a song she imagines the cloths the dancing the lighting and everything and always takes influences from all over the place (which she always lets people know that she was inspired by so it's not like she is trying to steal something she just thinks x inspired by y would look best in her show). She didn't call herself Gaga that was a nickname given to her because she really is this eccentric and creative. She wears that crazy cloths everywhere because she likes high fashion (which btw most of her stuff is inspired or right off the runway).

As for the comment of selling her creative integrity for the advertisement stuff in her vid...... They need money to do stuff like that and i'll bet ten thousand bucks she thought "we will need money aka things shown in the vid how can we do it *lightbulb* obviously in a way that is funny (for example Wanes world when he does the coke thing look it up)". I don't like people bashing an artist before they take time to understand or look into them, it is 100% like speaking on a subject you have no education on.

Ultimately it is critics, fans, and other artist that are hailing her as a creative genius and a new generation of Pop and performance art. She has a presence, a skill, and the eccentricity to put her at a whole new level. And she can do it all just as good live as she can in a music video. She really is a much more average person than you think, she isn't big friends with all the celebs she has the Hause of Gaga that are her close friends and otherwise she is just very creative and eccentric, the only difference between her and other people like that is she worked hard and pursued her dreams and managed to get a break and make it big. I am positive there are crazier people in the world the only difference is they are not famous for their work.... which i remind you is what first got her famous not her looks.....

5. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

6. thevre

hahahaha about to completely throw away a paycheck to buy tix for me & 2 friends for the show in nj... i'm gonna be so broke

7. NeonCookies

I agree would not of cared if it was a spontaneous thing but he did obviously plan it out, which in my opinion was pathetic on his part *shakes head*

8. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

Ditto this. I have been checking daily to see when tickets for her Dallas or Houston concert go on sale so that I can spend all of my money on those. It will definitely be worth it though.

9. partietraumatic

shes being sued for £20million by some guy she used to write songs with...

I wander if this is actually gonna be big or just another case of someone who was left behind trying to cash in when someone they know is famous...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8575909.stm

----------

Well we are each entitled to our own opinion. Personally mine is that a song/video which contains two of the biggest female stars in the world in Gaga and beyonce could have got the funding it needed without the product placement. Maybe it was supposed to be a joke, or arty. Again this is a matter of opinion. You like it. I personally wouldn't be happy if one of my favourite artists aligned them self to a major international corporation.

But hey i'm not gonna argue, its all a matter of opinion. Some people like it. Some don't. I was just expressing my opinion that i don't.

Also i wasn't bashing Lady Gaga, infact i spend alot of time telling off people who don't understand how good her musical ability is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. tokwa

I Love Love Love Her.

11. Beachboi92

That whole suit seems a little fishy to me, a guy that is her ex also claiming he shaped her into Lady Gaga from her normal self....... then we have Gaga saying the opposite...... This just sounds like someone trying to get famous to me or maybe a publicity stunt idk. Also for the music video it is Gaga's so I am guessing she went in a pop art direction with the stand out endorsements (she is inspired by Warhol) or it could have been her label that made her put it in idk. Regardless i personally think it is funny that she went the route of "ok we are kissing and now VIRGIN MOBILE RAWWRARWR" like i said earlier it reminds me of Wanes World when he just picks up the coke mid show drinks it and goes "mmmm coke it's delicious and refreshing (wink with sparkle)" lol

12. thevre

Product placements did not bother me at all. Dunno if they made the video seem more... modern, or brought glamor to Diet Coke/Virgin Mobile or w/e, but they seemed perfectly fine to me.

13. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

Gaga has specifically said that over half of the products weren't part of product placement, but were intentionally used by her for a specific reason. I have been listening to her in interviews about the video, and I there seems to be a reason behind everything she has done in the video, and hardly any of it was done because she needed cash or anything. Gagadaily.com has some good interviews I would suggest everyone who is interested in the video listen to.

But yeah, basically everything in this video has some meaning behind it.

#74 Kevin42, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2010
  14. Beachboi92

^THAT sounds like Gaga to me xD
    in addition i'd like to point out that my mom has a BF (this is going to get relevant i swear) he is really really really big into music and has become a big fan of Gaga's xD i always screw with him by putting on Love Game cause he said, and i quote "I want to sing along but i can't" *que me singing along*. Also he said that he has heard some sampling or heavy inspiration from other artists in some of her songs (mostly Fame Monster) and that he loves it because of the new twists she puts on it, he also said "it's not like sampling and changing something is unoriginal or not creative, the Beasty Boys have been doing it for 30 years and there are plenty of creative things you can do with something inspired or sampled by another artist."

15. crimsonarcher

There's so much about Lady GaGa that I love: the clothes, the music, the videos, everything!

I remember the first time I ever heard a full lady gaga song- "LoveGame", and it was live on Ellen. I was hooked since.

For me, periods of time are set apart by music eras: usually I am into an artists or a particular song. Last summer, it was all about Mariah Carey and Les Miserables. Last fall was all about Lady GaGa. Winter was Lady GaGa. Spring is seeming to be a mix between GaGa and Utada Hikaru.

16. Paper Heart

Gaga is a goddess. She's just a pure inspiration to me. She's classy, unique, and ingenuous. She IS the total package.

17. Beachboi92

lol i was driving a friend home today and i had The Fame: Monster playing here is the dialogue
    Her: Is this all you ever listen to
    Me:I pretty much never get tired of Gaga as long as the CD's keep cycling through, honestly the only CD i own that i really listen to, and the only CD in my car is Gaga. I guess some people would call it crazy.
    Her: No it just means your a true gay and Gaga is simply your Messiah
    xD

18. Jay D

I love Gaga she is sooo out there - I love her crazy outfits and her songs are epic!

19. I think its stupid that whenever some fashion designer does some crazy piece, everyone is like:

"oh, i wonder how long until we see Gaga in that"

I don't think she will wear something just because its bat shit crazy.