1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lady Gaga

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Pepsi, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Shevanel

HOLY SHIT I totally didn't catch that at all. C&C <3333333333333333333333333 x a billion. Before Generals at least xD

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

The Telephone video was perfect as usual, which is what I've come to expect from Gaga.

3. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

AMAZING. My favourite was Beyonce feeding Gaga the honeybun when she had just picked her up from jail :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

4. Charme

Charme Guest

I luved the "let's make a sandwich" part.

5. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    does she have a video for "teeth" yet?

6. Aoifeee

Oh.My.GaGa. The Telephone Video is AMAZING!!! I've watched it 5 times so far... I really don't see myself getting tired of it anytime soon! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also...are Beyonce and Lady GaGa "together" in it? Like the new Bonny & Clyde! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Beachboi92

^ I believe that was the idea, plus in interviews recently she has been stating "me and Beyonce both love women" :-O

Also the let's make a sandwich part makes me smile even when i just think about it haha and i recognized her opening act's lead singer and bassist in the dinner sitting behind them (Semi-precioius weapons). Also i love the..... ok i honestly don't want to take the time to list everything i loved about this video. My favorite thing is what they did to the promotions it reminds me of Wanes world where he does the thing with coke haha OHhhhhhh and best outift is phone hair+waitress with the Heels that look like they are from plaster.

But i'll have to stop myself now xD

8. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

9. Aoifeee

10. partietraumatic

not impressed by the video for telephone tbh...

and the product placement for coke and virgin mobile is shocking! I hope she got plenty of money for giving away her artistic integrity like that...

11. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

It was a nine minute video. It had so very many scenes and lots editing which is not cheap so you can't blame her for product placement. She wasn't giving away her artistic integrity she was being artistic and it cost her too much to do what she wanted without product placement. She clearly does not do what she does for the money or she wouldn't spend all her money to make her videos, shows, etc.

12. Aoifeee

Exactly. You gotta do what you gotta do...I have to admit I felt the product placement let the video down a little bit, but honestly like, who cares if it's what made the video possible :slight_smile:

----------

Lady GaGa just tweeted this herself. Holy sweet mother of*£$%^

[​IMG]

13. Only crappy fan made ones on Youtube. The next single is gonna be Don't Turn Arou-I mean "Alejandro". I'm glad because i was worried the next single was gonna be Monster. Which i would have not been pleased with AT ALL. I doubt Teeth will get a video sadly.

14. xCrazyInsanity

can't say i really like Telephone as a video

it just doesnt match the song at all

15. Shevanel

Just in case you were wondering, based upon the rules and stuff of EC, we're not gonna allow Telephone to be linked or anything :slight_smile: Sorry for the delay of telling you guys.

16. I don't think a video needs to match the meaning of a song exactly to be great. Look at the video for the Red Hot Chili Peppers song "Give it Away". it really has nothign to do with the song, its just a visual feast for your eyes.

I think a great video matches the tone of a song and enhances the overall experience. The Telephone video played up the campy-poppy aspects of the song, like the Red Hot Chili Peppers video matched the energetic nature of the band and their quirky style.

17. Notreallysure

I should have known I was in self-denial about being gay when I realized I liked Lady Gaga. :slight_smile: I like Telephone, but Bad Romance is the best for me. Everything about it. The message, video, lyrics. Tops them all.

18. Shevanel

Maybe I'm just silly, but I thought the message of the song was that she wanted someone who was already taken? and she didn't care?

19. Aoifeee

Well there's lots of meanings to the song, it can be taken up in any way and she writes them purposely for that to be done. The video, for me, is Lady GaGa is deprived of her senses (the start of the video where she's blinded and deafened by the mask and comes out of sense deprivation chamber/coffin) she's then kidnapped and drugged with vodka and sold to the russian mafia (she aid it was the russian mafia but they could also be a metaphor for the music industry) as a sex slave..Then she kills the guy who bought her and is finally free :slight_smile:

20. GhostDog

I felt that way until it got to the "LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH!" part. Then it was just ridiculous enough to let the product placement slide for me, I think. That, and the whole video just looks expensive. Like they used HD film or something. It'd be one thing if it was full of product placement and looked like it was filmed with uncle Joe's handicam or something, but dang, they pulled out all the stops for this one.

Also, I wonder how much it cost to rent the, uh, Wagon. >.>