1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of crushes

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by GayTurtle, May 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GayTurtle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi all,

I find that, especially recently, I don't really develop crushes with anyone. I think the closest thing to a crush I've felt is that in the past (far past at this point) there were some women who I thought I might be compatible with, and I got nervous when I interacted with them because I felt like I needed to "perform" well enough to get them to like me to have a chance. I'm not sure if these feelings should even be considered close to a crush. Is this weird? For many people on the site, it seems that realizing one is LGBT is closely linked to a strong instance of a same sex crush, and I feel a bit like I'm just missing that. Maybe I'm just too old at this point.

2. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I find crushes to be overrated. That's my personal opinion, since I've "crushed" on waaaay too many people for a very, very long time now. All of them have been plain one-sided crushes, mostly on fellow students at my school, teachers, authority figures and other people. I don't really count actors or billboard/advertisement models as crushes or the number would be higher, ha ha.

That said, if you found some of those women interesting enough, that you want to get to know them better and vice-versa, I'd suggest you try to forget the compatibility for a minute and engage in a conversation with them. Let things take their course and if you end up with a date or two on your hands as a result, good for you! You can take the time to get to know each other and then decide the compatibility factor. My two cents anyway. Good Luck!

canadawet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.