1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Kiwifarms loses support of Cloudflare and DDoS-Guard

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Jinkies, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    https://kotaku.com/kiwi-farms-dead-closed-rip-shut-down-russia-telegram-1849498373

"Only 24 hours after it was forced to flee to Russian servers, it now looks like hate forum Kiwi Farms—which has been in the news once again for its role in harassment campaigns and threats against life—has seen its last days as a functional website."

Not exactly Bloomberg with this information, but I still thought it was important to have here.

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's been said by quite a few people already, but it can't be overstated how huge a win for the LGBT+ community this is, and how huge a loss it is for hate and movements that seek to undermine countless lives. I know this place has gotten raided before because of sites like them. I know too many people who have been affected in one way or another.

Hate never lasts. That's why these movements flounder. And normally, I don't think when one group of hateful bigots goes down, that it matters much, but I think this will.

For once, I feel relief.

3. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hadn't heard of that site but glad it's gone! I thought it sounded like a nice farm in NZ where they grew kiwifruit, way off yikes.

4. Haruto

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Agreed. It sounds like a "harmless" site but it's not.

Anyways, さようなら!!