1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kia Ora from New Zealand!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by kiwikid, Feb 25, 2017.

1. kiwikid

Hi everyone,

I live in New Zealand and am looking for some friends. Couple random facts about me to break the ice:

- I love films/TV shows, avocado on toast, Kate McKinnon, and anything Alycia Debnam-Carey related!
    - I have a fear of heights (although I have been skydiving!), moths, speaking on the phone or giving presentation.
    - I have short blonde hair, which I like to style as gay as possible!
    - I love to travel and my accent is quite mixed as a result of living in Southern Africa, UK (London), and currently New Zealand (although I would love to live in the States for a few years!)

Looking forward to hearing from you :icon_bigg

2. CanadianRunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, welcome to EC!

Also really into film, looking forward to the Oscars! Managed to watch 8 of the 9 best picture films nominated this year.

Haven't travelled much outside US and Canada, but hope to at some point in the future. My older sister was away for almost 2 years, travelling around Asia then living/working in Bondi in Australia for a year, she loved it down there! :slight_smile:

3. tranonymous

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi I live in New Zealand too.
    I also watch game of thrones (although I'm a season and a half behind).

4. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  5. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Greetings !

6. kiwikid

Thanks for the message! I apologies if I have not responded the correct way, I have never been on a forum until now! I really loved Arrival and Moonlight. Lion and Hidden Figures were also really good. I absolutely love the States, and can’t wait to visit Canada one day (the scenery looks out of this world amazing!) I haven’t made it over to Australia yet, but its high up on my list of places to go, especially as its so close! (although I have heard they are a bit behind the times over there when it comes to equality). Off to Florida towards the end of the year which should be good ☺ Thanks again for the warm welcome!

---------- Post added 27th Feb 2017 at 05:35 PM ----------

Yay for Kiwis! Thanks for your message, I’m a huge Emilia Clarke fan. I wont spoil it, but after S06E09, lets just say I would follow Daenerys into battle any day of the week!

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to Empty Closets! Enjoy your visits to the community. :slight_smile:

8. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    GoT!!! Emilia Clarke yeah, her role is awesome ! I did the Game of Thrones tour in Ireland, it was awesome! Get up to speed quickly , make haste..before winter is coming !:thumbsup:

9. mpanagias

Welcome! (!)

10. kiwikid

Yeah I'm a big Daenerys Fan. I want to get the funko pop of her character (as well as Lexa and Holtzmann) but I know it's a waste of money coz I'm not sure what I would do with them once I have them!

11. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah I know those characters, if I see them I want a lot of them (like for Fallout also, a game) but I end up not, because to much choice and eventually...what would I do with them. Once ill start I will end up with an army of those things :lol:

12. lifestruggles

I am planning another trip to NZ soon.. Are you in the North or South?

13. kiwikid

I am on the North Island, but I highly recommend making your way down to South Island if you like epic scenery! Autumn, winter or spring is the best time to visit in my opinion. In summer it's peak tourist season, and the roads are not built for it (you will be stuck behind a stream of camper vans quickly loosing the will to live!) places I recommend visiting on north island include: wai o tapu, orakei korako, hamurana springs, mount maunganui, Napier, Bay of Islands and Wellington. South Island: queens town, wanaka, kaikoura, the glaciers, arthurs pass, any of the glow worm places

14. lifestruggles

Yes I have been twice before in the South Island. I loved Queenstown and Fiordland. I was working down there so managed to see quite a bit and in the North I loved the bay of islands. You haven't had a good summer out there have you?