1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Katy Perry: Prism

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by musicalshyguy, Dec 25, 2013.

1. musicalshyguy

I personally love Roar, and honestly never heard of the other songs on the album. My dad got me Prism for Christmas and I want to hear them all. What's your favorite song?

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is fireworks on it?

3. Key09

tbh, i can't get myself to like Katy Perry's Prism
    i just don't know why, but i like Katy Perry's teenage dream.
    the whole Prism album is just like 'whatever-song-you-have-just-put-it-in-this-album'
    i only like Roar and Unconditionally but am trying to listen to Dark Horse and some others

4. musicalshyguy

Nope. I love that song though.

5. MrPotato

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There was quite a bit of criticism on this album, apparently Katy had said in an interview that it was going to be a "darker" album. I'm almost certain that it was only for publicity because this album is very mainstream pop.

I do like unconditionally, Love me, Ghost, and Double Rainbow (although it might be the cheesiest song on the album ^.^) I dislike Dark Horse and "This is how we do".

I also agree with what "key09" said... there's very little thought into the lyrics of each song, it's a very formulaic album with catchy beats, but definitely forgettable. Katy Perry has tamed down so much from when she started imo.

6. ZenDreamer

I'm going to be the odd one out here and say that her album pleasantly surprised me. I find with Katy, she has some absolutely amazing hits but also creates some pretty mediocre (and dare I say forgettable) pop songs that just leaves you disappointed and wishing for more.

Prism seems to create a good
    balance of likeability versus originality. For instance, Dark Horse, in particular, has quite an enchanting/haunting/memorable sound to it, but lyrically... Eh. I feel like she could have pulled that off better sans Juicy J.

It's not my favourite album, but it's a nice change from her mainstay and refreshing to see her try new avenues.

7. Cynical

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Its okay.. I mean the first half of the ablum is amazing! But the second half becomes kinda too slow for me, thus I don't really like it.

8. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am a big Katy fan I have to say although there where a good amount of awesome songs on Prism, it still had a few...flops. Really I think it might be because Teenage Dream was hard to beat in terms of how many hits it generated.