1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just truly beginning my gender journey this year

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by reignalpha17, Sep 4, 2021.

1. reignalpha17

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I could never really explore the LGBTQ+ side of me because my mom isn't very accepting of it. I'm living with friends now since February and I've finally been able to start exploring my sexuality and my gender more.

I'm AFAB and I'm not happy about it. Being non-binary I'd rather be both and neither at the same time if that makes any sense.

I'm trying to figure out how I want my body to look to me and I'm considering going on hormones temporarily just to deepen my voice a bit to make it less femme.

Does anyone have any advice or resources for enby people who are just beginning their journeys?

2. CharlieLuca

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi.

I don't have any resources unfortunately, sorry. But I just wanted to let you know I am in a similar position- also afab, also hate it, non binary, considering my options. If you ever need or want to talk to me, feel free.

reignalpha17 likes this.
  3. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am also afab. If you ever want to chat, then feel free to do so. In this forum under gender identity and expression, there are resources on gender identity at the top of the threads.

reignalpha17 likes this.
  4. Utachiyo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your post has given me something to think about. I didn't know it's possible to just go on hormones temporarily. I really want to research this now!

5. reignalpha17

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really wanting to research it more myself, I just haven't had time lately since I've been working a lot.

6. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is like almost any medication. If you want to stop you can stop. There are emotional and physical issues as your body goes back to what it naturally produces though. In the case of taking testosterone for AFAB persons it will increase hair growth on the body including facial hair, deepen the voice and interfere with menstruation. It is recommended that if you are on hormones for years that at least an oophorectomy is performed (removal of ovaries). At any time prior to that if you stop the hormones the body will try to return to where it was before due to reduction in testosterone levels. The voice will stay as deep as it became and facial hair can grow slower but will not disappear. Body fat distribution, body hair and menstruation will slowly return to a more stereotypically female mode.

(I went on and off of HRT two times, for me that meant estrogen)

#6 QuietPeace, Sep 9, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    Utachiyo likes this.
  7. Udnzebra77033

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If all you want is base in your voice without the other stuff, why not practice a bit of vintriloquism? I know how to make my voice fluxuate anywhere from the pitch of James Earl Jones to Mariah Carey without hormones.