1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just need a little advice from people going through something similar

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Matto_Corvo, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just a bit of a trigger warning in case it is needed, I will be discussion periods and/or period related things.
    As of November 15th I have been on T for a year, which is great and I am greatly enjoying the effects of it. My last period was January of 2017, and I hadn't missed the blood and cramping at all.

Well a couple months after starting T i started experiencing what me and my roommate have dubbed Phantom periods. It started out as mild cramping near the end of my shot cycle, which also happen to line up with when my periods would of been. It usually last a day to a week. A few months of this and i started noticing I was feeling bloated a lot with it as well. I just ignored it and went on with my life, it is easy to do when I have a lot of things to do at work.

About 3 months ago the cramping pain kicked up a few notches. I would wake up in them middle of the night do to the cramping and it would keep me awake for hours, meaning I would go off to work with maybe 3 or 4 hours of sleep. During the day it would dim then disappear, but late at night/ early morning it would reappear in full force. I eventually gave in and took some of my roommate midol. It helped with the pain but it also seemed to set off my Celiac Disease, and I also still felt majorly bloated. The bloating feeling usually lasted for most of the day before dimming during the night.

This last week and half has been particularly bad. The pain returned shortly after Thanksgiving and stayed for three days then went, all normal. Then it returned a few days later in the middle of the night, waking me from a deep sleep. As usual it disappeared sometime in during the day, but returned again at night. Each night it has gotten more intense. I woke up at 4am this morning to the pain and it hasn't gone away yet. I took some midol but it hasn't helped in the slightest. I have to get to work and all I can worry about is how am I do a lot of the heavy lifting if I'm in pain.

I do have a doctor appointment but it isn't till January, it was the only available opening that they had. I don't have the time or money to go to an urgent care right now either.

*something forgot to mention: masturbation can sometimes cause the pain for a day or two.

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would recommend getting your doctor to check your T levels.
    Chase Ross just posted a video on this topic not too long ago, if you want to check it out. Maybe you're going through the same thing he is.

#2 Hawk, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018