1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just an old incident that I need to vent about

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kristoff980160, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Kristoff980160

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's been a couple of weeks ago since this incident occured.
    Because of the many years I lived in repression over my sexuality I kinda developed a thicker skin when it came to the mocking and ridicule that people in the LGBTQ community face, but this incident really made my blood boil.

It was in the wake of the Orlando Club shooting. The next day at work I overheard one of our guys talking about the incident and then asking the person he was speaking to "what do you call 50 dead queers? a good start"!
    I've never been so angry in my life, and it takes a lot to usually get me riled up, but this guy managed to with his hateful commentary on the disaster.

I said "Well let's consider this shall we... suppose it was one of your own children that was murdered at that club. Now regardless of whether or not you agree with their sexuality, would you still consider it a good start?"

2. Glowing Eyes

Some people are just heartless assholes.

3. mirkku

Okay, I've read plenty of disgusting things people said after Orlando, but that one... Urg. What an ignorant and despicable asshat.

(*hug*) You can't change people, honey, but I hope your words will make him think before he speaks in the future. (I doubt so, but well, hope's free...)