1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a question.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lodiug, Dec 28, 2007.

1. lodiug

This is just a questions for those closeted (who aren't out to everybody) gays that have boyfriends.
    If you guys go out or go on a date, what do you do? I mean you can't hold hands, or cuddle or flirt or kiss openly...cause no one knows your gay. Do you guys talk the whole time?? Just curious...

2. Ty

Ty Guest

What a conincidence! I was actually out today with a guy haha!
    Urm well when we went to starbucks he kissed me and i let him but i was like "woah" fortunatly nobody i know likes starbucks so it was okay, its still pretty weird though haha.
    I just sorta hanged round places where my friends wouldn't be soo that sorta gives you some security..

3. CrimsonThunder

I know a guy thats closeted and he always likes to go to places where no one is like a park. He doesn't like being seen around gay people either because hes afraid of being outed.

4. step49x

Well, I've never actually dated anyone, but I am talking to someone on Myspace. If we ever meet up, I'm not too concerned, because neither of us cares for public displays of affection.

In general, I don't think I'd care too much. I'm not out, but that's partially because no one has asked.

5. Time

I went out on my first date with a guy last night, and it was quite awkward. He's not out to anyone, and our little relationship is being kept hush for the moment. Three of his close friends happened to be seeing the same movie we were and sat right next to us. I was so mad. They were giving us weird looks too, because two guys going to a movie together is apparently 'wrong' and stuff like that. So, to answer your question, we did absolutely nothing. I was able to sneak in a little footsy, but other than that, we acted like friends.

6. step49x

Did you do anything besides the movie, or just the movie?

If you just went to the movie, next time you could try a movie and dinner. That way, if the movie falls through (kind of like it did here), you still have dinner to look foreward to.

This is unfortunately one of those harsh things that you have to deal with, when you (or your partner) is closeted.

7. Lefty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    When I was going out with my first girlfriend we were both closeted. When we went out we made sure our dates were split into two sections. For instance the first part might be a movie, where we would sit off to the side a little and hold hands. Or at sports games, we would share a blanket and hold hands under there (although sharing a blanket is a little suspicious for guys). The second part was somewhere we would be alone. We'd go back to one of our houses, or more often we'd drive somewhere out of site and park there.

8. Time

Good point. We should've done more than just see a movie. We didn't communicate at all. I guess that's probably the most important thing to consider about going on a first date, is whether or not you'll be able to talk and how much privacy you're going to have if you're not out of the closet.