1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a Happy Story I'd Like to Share

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Romin, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Romin

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I am a masculine female. I identify as butch and am out to everyone at my high school. A few weeks ago for homecoming, we always have dress-up days the week prior to the actual game day. When our Student Council were picking the dress-up days, it was suggested that "gender bender" day would be one. This is where students dress up as the "opposite gender" for a day. We've had it in the past and it was a blast!

However, my principle shot down the idea, saying that he didn't want "a bunch of cross-dressers in his school."

I was appalled by his statements. There are several kids in our less than 200 student school that technically crossdress daily, including myself. I mentioned it to a few aquaintences and they immediately agreed that it was a terrible thing to say. They all wanted to show their support, so they are now getting together a bunch of students to crossdress for a day to make a statement both for those of us that are crossdressers, and to the principle who had biased views.

I just wanted to share this happy story because their support makes me feel so loved, even when I've barely hung out with these amazing people. It's astonishing what speaking up can do!

Updates to come.

2. heyKittie

That's awesome! But I can't believe your principle said that. I hope it goes/went well.

3. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds great! Always feels good when people are supportive and act that cool :slight_smile: