1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joey Graceffa- Gay or not?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by chartreuse, Sep 2, 2013.

1. chartreuse

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ISo Joey Graceffa is one of my favorite Youtubers, and ever since my first video of him I watched, my gaydar was going off. I was wondering what your thoughts on this are.

First of all, I know it's stereotypical, but he does have some gayish mannerisms. He talks and acts very feminine, he loves to dress nice in tight jeans and short shorts, and he hangs out with a lot of girls. I know, those are no ways to tell if he is gay or not, but they can be good indicators.

Another reason is because he refuses to talk about his love life in detail. For instance, he always uses the pronoun they, or them, or a person, which is what I do when I'm talking about a girl I like (I'm closeted mostly, too). He says he has dated girls in the past, but I think he might have been in denial then, or was trying to cover his sexuality by acting "straight".

Also, if you are familiar with his recent videos, his friend Doug, who he has known for only a couple of months came all the way from England to stay with him for a week. Also, it seems they shared a room at vidcon. They both filmed from out the window, and the angle was basically the same in both of their videos. There was only one bed in the room. Also, he took down a video of him and Doug, probably because it was raising suspicions about their possible relationship.

There are also alleged pictures of him at Fiesta Cantina, a gay bar in Hollywood.

In addition, in Luke conards's vlog, Vegas hotdog chair, where he and some friends were in Vegas celebrating Joey's 21sr birthday, joey was trying to pole dance, and a security guard told him not to, women only and his friend, Whitney said, "Women only, that's so homophobic." I see no reason why she would have said that other than Joey being gay.

However, sometimes I think he's bi or straight when I see him with catrific. She obviously has a crush on him, but I can't tell how he feels about her. They did kiss in a dare video, and joey tried to get her to kiss him again, but he just confuses me so much. I mean, if he was straight, wouldn't he have said so by now?

I am by no means trying to insult him. I love him so much and I would love it if he was a fellow queer, which is why I'm trying to find out. What are your thoughts?

2. Stripe101

[YOUTUBE]tDdmm8zhh-c[/YOUTUBE]

3. GirlWhoWaited

I kind of think he might be bi, if not gay. Doesn't matter all that much to me. :slight_smile: I know everybody's all over this issue, wanting him to come out, but I honestly don't think he should if he isn't ready. We all take our sweet time here, after all. :wink: It is fun to speculate, though...and he and Doug would be super cute.

4. chartreuse

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree! I have an inkling they might be dating. Normally I would say its none of my business, but I have been watching him since 2011, and it's been killing me! I think he needs to come out already... Come on Joey!:confused: By the way, I love your avatar. That book is amazing!

5. GirlWhoWaited

Thanks! It's one of my favorites. :slight_smile: DFTBA

---------- Post added 2nd Sep 2013 at 11:12 PM ----------

Thanks! It's one of my favorites. :slight_smile: DFTBA

6. Sully

I find him unbearably camp.

7. Ridiculous

First I've seen of him, but, if he's straight then so am I.

8. Sully

If he's straight Perez Hilton straight!

9. MijSo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    He's 100% not straight. Either bisexual or gay. He always ends up having female best friends, so if he's straight he's got a bad case of the friendzones lmfao

10. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think he's gay, although I'm not sure. I know it's bad basing your opinion on a stereotype, but the thing is.. those stereotypes exist for a reason. Not all gay men are effeminate, and not all effeminate men are gay.. but some are. Then there's the fact that he rarely talks about his private life (love life). That's sort of a red flag too.

11. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    I remember reading an article in which he stated he's straight, and quite upset that people think he's gay because of his looks and mannerism.

12. FightingShadows

I think he might be gay. He gives off a really strong gay vibe. But, I don't understand why there's this pressure for him to come out. If he's not ready, he's not ready. I think people should just wait. If he never does, then he never does. I think all the speculator's need to leave him alone.

13. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    And which article was this? Can you please link it?

I find it weird that he hasn't just come out and said he's straight on his Youtube channel if he's so tired of people saying he's gay?! He has talked about prior girlfriends etc, but never explicitly said that he's straight. That is what I find so weird about it.. if he's upset about the rumors and speculation.. WHY not set it straight? That makes me think he's got something to hide.

14. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh, interesting. This is the article: Amazing Race's Joey Graceffa: I'm not gay | Regator - Curated Blog Search and Discovery

However, if you click the "read more" option: Amazing Race's Joey Graceffa story: an explanation + reality blurred

Apparently it was based on a Facebook comment made on a fake profile. So don't lose hope yet, gents! He might still be gay. :wink:

---------- Post added 3rd Sep 2013 at 05:45 PM ----------

There's also this though: FAN FICTION in REAL LIFE! - YouTube

15. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yah, I read somewhere that they were fake profiles. He's never ever commented on his sexuality.

I think he's gay. I mean if he's not, I'm not sure what girl would genuinely want to be with him. I am an avid watcher of his videos and it really angers me because most girls in the comments just like his body, his smile, hair etc. Like, really girls? You GENUINELY would want to be with a guy that feminine? Or does it help that he's very attractive and he's just a piece of meat to you? Gets me sick.

However, due to the fact that he has a very young audience and mostly female, I think he's afraid that if he comes out, he might lose them. & of course because he is a fulltime YouTuber, subscribers, views, likes, mean so much. He needs that audience and I don't think he wants to say anything to jeopardize that. One video in particular really convinced me, was the jeally bean challenge video with Tyler Oakley. Just watch it lol.

Anyway, until then, girls will defend his supposed "straightness" to the death. They couldn't help think that someone like Joey would be homosexual which is delusional.

#15 Jimi, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  16. chartreuse

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I totally don't understand that. Isn't it obvious? The guy is completely gay, or at the very least, bi! They seem to think if he is straight, he will definitely date them. Sorry girls, it doesn't work that way. He is a 22 year old man, you are a 13 year old screaming fangirl. You have no evidence of him being straight, so just leave now and stop saying he is what he isn't. Won't they feel stupid when he comes out as gay.

17. 2112

I try not to assume someone is gay just from what they wear and how they act, but I'd honestly be surprised if he isn't.

18. photoguy93

I've never heard of him, so I didn't know who was who in the video. For a minute, I thought it was the other guy, so I was like "well, guys...he doesn't look so bad..." HA.
    Then I pressed play and laughed.

If he isn't gay, I am simultaneously The President of the Unites States and the King of England...and also straight.

First...before anyone says it, when you're a celebrity like this, it's just part of the game for us to wonder these things.

He's my least favorite kind of gay then. I know some guys who are just so obvious that "say they aren't." Look, if this was George Clooney, I'd laugh it off and just say people are silly. But if he thinks he can get away with it...then he's just about as stupid as someone wearing a bikini to the arctic.

19. Thewitt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, its kinda obvious he is gay. he just doesn't address it nor should he have to.

20. srslywtf

I dunno.. he's so obviously putting on a character when he does videos..

Sometimes when I'm talking to myself I go wild like that, with all sorts of characters..

It wouldn't surprise me, but I honestly don't think he'd hide it if he was.