1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joe Biden will speak at HRC Nat'l Dinner

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by beckyg, Sep 18, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I don't know if a Presidential or Vice-Presidential candidate has ever spoken at a Human Rights Campaign dinner before! If someone knows different, let me know. It's October 4th. They are giving the National Equality award to Suze Orman.

2. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hillary spoke at something like that, I can't remember if it was the actual HRC meeting or not though.

I'm proud of Biden for being brave enough to put himself in this position, which is so unfavorable to such a large number of Americans.

3. Steam Giant

I'm excited about this too, Becky (saw the e-mail this afternoon)! This is a really big thing, and will certainly answer a lot of our questions! I hope gay marriage comes up, I really do. Part of me is holding out hope that Obama's only backing up conservative marriage ideals so as not to hurt his chances this November. But either way, yeah, exciting stuff!

That's what's so cool about Biden. He's so seasoned, so well respected and has so many friends in office (even McCain complimented him earlier in the year!) that he can do things that'd ruin the typical politician's reputation without fear. Even so, he doesn't seem to be very shallow to me. He's stayed consistent in his beliefs, and just seems to be overall a reliable person - someone who does what he says he will, and is not easily swayed. He kept his office for so long for a reason ^^