1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've made a huge mistake...I just don't know what to do

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MyLittleWorld, Apr 15, 2014.

1. PeytonRose

I'm sorry for being late to the conversation! I caught up though and I'm sorry for your situation :-( I agree 110% with anon though. You aren't responsible for his actions and this isn't worth continuing if you're not 100% on the relationship. Continuing with " the feelings you do have" isn't healthy for you. It looks like you just have to gather courage and rip that band aid off before it does more harm than good. It's not going to be easy but it has to be done. Neither of you deserve to be subjected to this kind of emotional baggage. In the end hopefully he'll remain friends with you buy he also has to realize that he needs to consider your happiness in this when he considers this relationship. I really don't believe that either of you deserve to be in only a half committed relationship. I hope everything works out for you and I apologize for being blunt. I hope you also find what makes you happy too!!

(*hug*)

2. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you :slight_smile: You know I am afraid that I will end everything with him and later I will found out I'm after all bisexual or something... Like I said in the first place I thought I was bi. I guess my problem is I can't still accept myself. And I have no idea how to start loving myself for who I'm... and these feelings I get for guys are really confusing. I guess I'm just really messed-up person :/

3. LostAndAffraid

I'm sorry, I'm gonna be blunt please don't hate me for it, you like women, by your own admission you feel no attraction to him anymore except a platonic love. Why on earth would you give up the possibility of finding someone you can really live and care for every which way just because it is hard on someone else. Well it be difficult to find your soul mate, yes, but so is everything in life that is worth having.

Can't you see that I'd you continue to deny yourself you will only be miserable. You will be distraught yet subjecting yourself to complacency. You have to rip the band aid off. It will hurt at first, him more than you, but don't you love him? Don't you think he deserves true happiness? By your own admission you are not sexually attracted to him. That is a huge part of love, doesn't he deserve that?

Don't you deserve that?It's time to be happy, life is too short to be anything else.

---------- Post added 17th Apr 2014 at 03:41 PM ----------

There is nothing messed up about you. As humans we are programmed to doubt. Without question yourself no progress would ever be made.

4. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But platonic love is really close to romantic love..? I hardly can see the difference

5. LostAndAffraid

Have you ever had romantic love? There is a huge difference. It is earth shaking, it makes you feel as though you can rearrange the universe, like you would go to the ends of the earth for them, like nothing could keep you apart, not the heavens themselves.

I would hate for you to miss out on it just cause you think platonic love is enough

6. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I never felt this way... But how do you know it is platonic love that I'm feeling for him?

7. LostAndAffraid

Because by your own admission you feel no sexual attraction towards him, that is a big part of love, it's all about the little things as well. All of those little things he does that are different, how do they make you feel? I don't know him but does anything he does differently make you just smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside? That is love. Well part of it anyways, look for the things that make you think you can't live without him.

8. PeytonRose

But you can't figure out if you're bi or not if you're in a half committed relationship. You can't accept yourself until you're by yourself, if that makes sense. Putting yourself and this guy through this relationship is just an all around bad idea. I'm sorry for being blunt but right now you're just not ready to be in a relationship. No, you're not a "really messed up person." You're a human trying to figure out their place in the world and how to make themselves happy. I'm doing the same thing. I'd LOVE to be in a relationship right now but I'd be a fool to enter into one because I just don't know what I want. You're in the same boat by the sounds of it. If this guy really and truly cares for you he will listen to you put it all out on the table and at the end of it all say that he still cares for you, still remain your friends but understands you have to put this relationship on the backburner until you figure your own stuff out.

Again, sorry if it sounds blunt but there's just no way I see you being in a relationship healthy. You have to figure this stuff out and we'll of course be here for you on this board when all is said and done. I hope everything turns out good for you! (*hug*)

9. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't be like this with guys... I feel like I'm more dominant and I'm competing with him for dominance all the time. When my friends were talking about romantic stuff I always kept telling them that it's silly. I love him and sometimes I want to hug him or just kiss him not like all the way but just a peck. If he starts to take it longer I turn away. I'm really touchy person I can say so it's hard to tell what is it but I guess that's not "that" love I need... I thought I just wasn't a romantic person and everytime some girl brought out a topic about how romantic her bf is and how many little things he does...I was even mad because this was so annoying. But later I found out I'm really romantic...with girls.

---------- Post added 17th Apr 2014 at 11:41 PM ----------

It will take time anyways because I have to get ready to tell him I guess.. and thank you for being honest(*hug*)

#49 MyLittleWorld, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  10. LostAndAffraid

Which is exactly why I said you need to be alone, just til you can come to terms with your sexuality, which after this conversation might be soon, might not, but that's your journey. Just don't put yourself through a listless relationship because you are afraid.

11. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It will be hard to end this relationship...

12. Calix

Attraction is a big part of any relationship. From what you are saying of him, you think of him as a close friend. And maybe after the break-up and some distance, you stay friends. Staying in this relationship won't benefit you or him. He will always be aware you aren't fully into him for some reason. And you will always feel dissatisfied.

To me, crying has a limit. If he keeps crying and begging then in my mind - that's emotional blackmail. He needs to accept that this is going to end. Having him wait, knowing something is going to end the relationship is in my mind, a little cruel to be honest. You should just tell him, even if he says he doesn't want to hear it.

At the end of the day the longer you stay with him, the longer it is until you both recover and move on. You will both find happiness, just not with each other.

It sucks that your first bf was unstable and turned to all of that, but even so that's not your fault. Talk to his friends and tell them you're worried, but that's all you can do. What he does after you end it is not your responsibility. It's not your job to live your life making others happy. It's YOUR life afterall, not theirs.

13. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, sometimes I think that maybe relationship could work without attraction but the more I think the more I start to see that I can't truly love a person if I'm not attracted to him and he deserves someone who does.

Crying and begging all the time...I'm sensitive person and I just can't take it when other people cry and he is really important to me. I said that I will take care of this thing and decide for us both what to do... and he just said to do everything that we could be couple and he could be with me. I don't know what counts as emotional blackmail so I can't really tell if he is doing it..

I always suffer from this. I always put other people needs ahead of mine and I'm still trying to change everyday just for a little bit.:confused:

14. LostAndAffraid

You've got to learn to put yourself first, it was hard for me to learn how to as well, I always want everyone else to be happy before worrying about my own happiness. Take it from me if you don't make yourself happy first you will never be able to be happy.

15. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I noticed people really get used to take advantage of me when I am always here for them and I wish all the best.. How do you learnt?

16. LostAndAffraid

It basically comes down to making yourself believe that you matter, you've got to know that you are the most important person in your life.

17. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But isn't that selfish?

18. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it's fair to say that..

19. PeytonRose

Of course it is!

But what you have to realize is that unless you can make YOU happy then you can't make anyone else happy. You have to work on you and then find a balance between making yourself and your significant other happy. I only JUST started learning this lesson and always tried to live up to other's expectations of me, their image of what I should be. I was miserable. Now? I'm 100% happier just because I'm making ME happy.

I suggest doing the same. You can't do that from where you currently are in a relationship that only one of you are fully invested in. It's not fair to either of you. Work on yourself, know beyond a shadow of a doubt who you are and stand up for yourself. You'll find someone that will be your perfect match and respect you for it as well :slight_smile:

20. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just don't understand my sexuality and I wait so long because I'm not sure of anything.