1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've got Balanitis, circumcision may be solution!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Tyce, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Tyce

Hey guys

I remember posting a few threads about me and my penis and how I could never touch the head of my penis, due to it stinging and burning, not feeling any pleasure and finding it really painful to wash too.

Well, few months later, I went to my doctor and first I show him my penis, he pulled my foreskin back, and I never pull it back because it hurts when pulled back and touching head, and he found eczema on my head and he was touching and stratching off the eczema on my head, with gloves, and it hurt BADLY!!

He then told me that I have a case of Balanitis, while fungus has been growing on my penis due to hygiene purposes. He said the best thing to do is to get circumsized, but he gave me this cream and told me to use that on my head for now and then to come back later and see if we'll need to do a circumcision or not.

So I tried washing my head, which hurt like hell!!! Then I put on the cream, since I can't rub the cream onto my head, I just had to squeeze it on, causing my head to have a burning irritating sensation.
    Signs tell me that I may need a circumcision.

But I heard circumcisions are painful during recovery. Apparentally, peeing for the first time is like peeing out blades and having an erection hurts badly.
    Can someone give me some info about their experience with circumcision or what they did to help with Balanitis?

Thanks everyone!

T.

2. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

3. KaraBulut

The discussion in this forum about Andrew's experience is very much like yours. Hat tip to Andrew for being open and sharing it with others who might have the same problem.

4. Andrew

Awwh thanks guys. I see you have the same issue as me? Uhm, well to tell you the truth.. I am a big wimp. So, if I survived it.. I am pretty sure you can survive it as well. Throughout the surgery, its very simple and right when they put you into the surgery room. They say good night and I fell asleep! When I woke up, it felt bad.. but the nurses were great and gave me some medicine for my pain through the IV.

Now I see you said that the peeing hurts.. To me.. It doesn't really hurt! Its a whole new experience though! I did have an accident yesterday on me trying to pee and it did hurt.. But other then that time.. It was perfectly fine! Now for the erections.. Oh my, I am not going to try to scare you or anything.. But it is painful. Try to stay away from all signs of getting an erections. Even the smallest things made me erect and it hurted.. So, I will tell you to refrain from any pictures/comments on making out, sex, ect.. Other then that I am fine..

If you have ANY questions. I am here for you :slight_smile:

-Luis

5. Tyce

Oh ok, thanks for that :wink:
    How long do you think recovery goes for?

6. Nicknikko

I had a circumcision like a year ago. [almost a year]
    and to my surprised it wasn't as painful as they said. My doctor gave me pain killers and stuff. I can tell you i didn't feel any horrible pain. I did feel a little discomfort and pain whenever i got erections which was usually at night. hmm whenever i had to pee it didn't hurt at all.

My frenulum wasn't removed so maybe that's why but i really did not have a bad recovery. Everythign was smooth and very fast. I couldn't have sex or masturbate for maybe at leasst a month and it really bothers because the second week you are going to be super super horny haha but you'll get throught it

It's not AS bad as they say. It was really painful. It hurts YES. but it something you can handle thanks to the painkillers your doctor will give you.
    I would recomend you to get circumcised if you are having all these discomforts and pain. I had something similar called phimosis. It used to hurt and I couldn't pulled the foresking back so that is why i was cut.

Anyway that's my experience.. go to my blog the one i posted like MONTHS AGO whenever i was circumcised i kind of tell how my experiece went the day of the surgery etc

:slight_smile:

7. Andrew

The stitches heal about 1-2 Weeks. And the surgery, like niko said.. Was about 1 month without masturbating/sex.. It does sucks, because when you got an erection it did cause pain. Like niko said, its not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I have a little trouble peeing, but thats about all.

Anymore Questions?

-Luis(*hug*)

8. calamus

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    No, you don't need to be circumcised. You just need to keep the thing clean. You don't have balanitis; you have balanoposthitis. It is fairly common in hot and humid weather, particularly if you wear tight clothing and don't wash it every day. Use the cream -- rub it in gently. It will take a while to become effective. After this, wash your penis every day. If you don't take a shower, at least retract the foreskin and clean the glans, using Dial or some other antibacterial soap. Meanwhile, don't wear tight clothing and do let plenty of air get to the area.

9. Tyce

But that's the thing:
    I can't rub it at all, not even gently.
    I only put on the cream by squeezing it on the head and then putting the skin over.
    Any sort of rubbing on the penile head and I get extreme pain.
    No progress so far, penis still hurts when I try to wash it, and if I try to touch it.
    If I get circumcised, I think the solution would be much better, I could wash it without hurting, my head would obivously be dried and I can finally touch my head and feel pleasure that I've never felt before.

10. KaraBulut

You need to follow the advice of your physician. If you have any uncertainty, you can get a second opinion. But since you and your physician are the only ones that have a clear picture of your condition, the two of you are better equipped to make the decision.

Let us know how it goes.