1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's very hard dealing with offensive people...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Milo10, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Milo10

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone. I'm genderfluid, pansexual, and autistic. i've been having a lot of problems with staying happy when it comes to lgbt related issues in life. I just feel that there are so many people out there who hate people like me, and it really gets to me. Even when there's a video on youtube to support people like me, the comment section is flooded with assholes who think they're clever because they said something heartless like "if i had a dollar for every gender, i would have two dollars", or "i sexually identify as an attack helicopter.". it seems you guys are my last hope to find someone supportive on the internet. :sob:

2. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Kind of an oldish thread but seeing that no one replied... :slight_smile:
    I totally understand. Stupid, unoriginal crap like that gets to me in a way I’m definitely not proud of, and I’ve found there’s really only one way to deal with it- avoid it. Get rid of Facebook and don’t follow Instagram accounts that post controversial crap; stay off the explore pages too. Avoid youtubers who attract the 13-yr old and grown man who acts like a 13-yr old crowd. Try sticking with just funny animal accounts and stuff like that, if you must have social media at all. I like Pinterest, it gives me stuff to look at but there’s usually not a lot of nasty comments.

For me, no amount of trying to rationalize that the commenters are probably uneducated and nasty irl with very few friends doesn’t help how frustrated it makes me feel. So I just, like I said, I just avoid it. It’s done wonders.

3. Milo10

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank you for the support!
    i've been doing just that. i stay off meme pages and all that crap, and i just stick with people without much view on the world as far as youtube, like jontron and LGR. i use facebook, but only for art sharing and talking with my friends and family. i'm over it now, but thank you anyway :slight_smile:

4. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Agreed, it is best to ignore that kind of stuff. And just think how sad their own lives have to be to take the time to find stuff they want to make nasty comments about.

5. Milo10

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that is kinda stupid if you think about it. some idiot wants to harass others for their own enjoyment, while the victim just has to endure it. it's pretty difficult to find a way to express myself outside of places like this, because people just think that they're the only people that are real and everyone else is just ai to affect their existence. i'm getting existential again, i'll stop.

6. Blast

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So sorry you have to deal with that kind of stupidity.

I support you 100%.

7. Milo10

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank you

8. MzMrAlexa

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    LOL Used to be one only had to worry about Trolls under bridges! (at least until the internet came along!).. Glad you're over it. The real truth is it really doesn't matter who you are if you put yourself out there there's going to be a certain percent that will bash you no matter what you do. (I ran into that on YouTube for some stuff that I posted.. Not LGBT related, just general stuff so it really is universal). Perhaps they need attention? Like a Kid who can't get enough attention for being good so they decide to be bad instead.

Milo10 likes this.