1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's interesting to me what is termed "child abuse" now days.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by brainwashed, May 25, 2020.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From the CNN article:
    The psychological effects on online abuse can last a lifetime.

"People tend to downplay the mental health repercussions of sexual abuse, especially online abuse," Greenbaum told CNN in a phone interview.

Articles as referenced in this post substantiate my claim I was abused in my mid teens. (yes per your suggestion(s) @Chip I'm trying really really hard to get therapy) This article puts things into perspective. A line in the sand so to speak.

Article title:
    The pandemic is causing an exponential rise in the online exploitation of children, experts say

Link:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/25/us/c...ndemic-parents-investigations-trnd/index.html

#1 brainwashed, May 25, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
  2. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Things tend to evolve over time. Nothing ever stays the same. With the advancement in technology, newer terms and newer avenues need to be constantly explored and added to existing processes and systems (updated).

I for one am happy that organizations are looking into online abuse, or as they termed it. It is real. I've experienced a type of sexual abuse which was directed online in the way of stalking and inappropriate messages. And I'm an adult. I can't even begin to imagine children under the age of 18 who might undergo something like that, especially with the younger children having access to technology at an age earlier than the previous generations did. While it's a way for them to mature faster, get comfortable with technology quicker, maturing with the bad along with the good is what is unfortunate for the generation.

My two cents.

3. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is unfortunate. Sorry you had to endure this.