1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News It happened - Trump is indicted

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Tightrope, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me when finding when Trump got his ass indicted: [​IMG] <GOOD! Very good! ONE MORE!>

But for real now...GOOD! I hope his ass gets busted...I know this is probably wishful thinking but dear gods...I'm tired of his ass and others getting off practically with little to no consequences for their crimes....And he's a 2024 GOP front runner along with Ron DeFascist...Wow...

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I couldn't find the articles that flashed by me on my homepage.

One said that Republicans need to distance themselves from Trump and move on to other candidates. It's not the first one I've seen about this. He is like a ball and chain to the many who refuse to let go.

The other article said that they don't foresee Biden and Harris running in 2024. It's the first article I've seen on this. I don't know if this has happened all that frequently in the history of the White House, but I think it's also the right path for the Democratic party to take. They need to look for younger and more vibrant leadership who will appeal to a broad base and not worry so much about putting diversity onto the ticket just for the sake of appearances.

The 2024 election needs to be a clean slate all the way around.

#3 Tightrope, Apr 3, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
  4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Agreed 100%

I think we need to put age limits on candidates as well. I totally get needing to be at least 35 years old to be president, but I think the cut off should be 70.

5. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is anyone watching it on the news today ?

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, I"m not. I read last night that he won't be getting a mug shot. They know too well that it will turn into a t-shirt making frenzy. It's also special treatment that he's getting, so I don't agree with it.

7. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is good and hope he serves time in prison for all the crimes. It's total bs he and others like him somehow get away with so much stuff, but a regular guy with 28g of cannabis can be in jail the same day. It's incredibly unjust how the wealthy and powerful get away with delay after delay because they can afford to work the judicial system while the rest of us can't afford to miss work and pay lawyers Rules for thee, but not for me seems to be the attitude of him and his type. This guy is getting donations to pay for the legal work even though he claims to be so rich, it's insane all the poor dopes sending him their last few crumpled dollars lol.

I don't care who the Dem candidate is, it's always better than what maga/gop has to offer. Yes, I'd like another Kennedy or Obama so where are they? I really like Stacey Abrams. Is Tim Ryan popular enough? Also it's up to the voters, who wins the primaries, unless the national party or other power pulls all the strings. Look at what states with Dem. majority are getting done to help the majority of people, including LGBTQ+ people. It's a stark difference in other states trying to erase us bill by bill. There are no two-sides currently, and until maga/gop fully supports our rights, rejects all white supremacist and other hate groups, and a bunch of other basic human decency, if you somehow can't vote for the Dem., please do a write in for someone not running for that office. I won't betray myself or my friends for the hope I pay less in taxes. Also push for ranked choice, no gerrymandering, more time for voting, no-excuse early and by-mail voting, paper ballots for transparent recounts, etc. Whatever to encourage the most voter turnout possible and to show the resiliency or our system to serve, We The People.

8. Loves books

Well it’s on the news in my country. My mother had a rule in the house we couldn’t mention him to her but she doesn’t mind hearing this. To show how Ireland feels, there were protests when Trump was coming to Ireland but Biden will be in Ireland next week and most people are excited and not protesting. I’m honestly surprised that Trump didn’t get indicted earlier. I’m also still surprised that someone who looks like that with his disgusting personality was ever voted president of the USA.

9. Wanderlost

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like they have only given him a way to become richer, and possibly even more influential. Things like this tend to have unexpected results. It might have been better to just allow him to become irrelevant.