1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It fits!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AlexJames, Oct 20, 2017.

1. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My binder came in and it fits! I didn't expect to be so fucking happy looking at myself in the mirror with it on under an outfit. I've only ever felt uncomfortable if not just disgusted looking at myself in the mirror. Now i get to wait on my hot topic order to get here.

I'm still somewhat in denial you see. Like surely this is all a phase, experimentation, or whatever. But if i see myself in a normal outfit that fits and still feel that same rush of happiness, in an outfit that isn't pajamas plus a beanie to hide my hair like i've got on now...maybe i'll stop being in denial then. I've always hated seeing myself in photos or hearing my voice on camera or looking at myself in the mirror. I always look away if i pass one out and about.

That up there was copied/pasted from my post on the small victories thread. I'm still waking up so this might not make sense but i wanted to post this on here cause i'm so excited about it. Now i finally get to look for men's clothes! Where do i start with pants? I bought one pair and its coming sometime next week in my hot topic order so that will give me an idea...my local store has no skinny jeans and i prefer skinny jeans, i just don't want them to hug all my curves cause that makes me feel uncomfortable. I hate my hips and curves. And right now i'm waiting on being able to pass the dmv's vision test to get my license so i'd have to have a ride, and that's not a good route cause i'm not out to anyone...so online shopping it is. Are men's jeans more true to size than women's? How are they measured? I have measuring tape, if i measure around where the jeans would sit on me around the waist is that what they are looking for? In boys shirts i'm a size 10/12 with the binder on.

I'll only be able to wear these clothes once everyone else goes to bed not on my own rn. But that's good cause like i said i'm still facing a lot of denial thinking to myself what if this is a phase or just me experimenting. But i noticed after i tried out packing for a few times, not packing is bothersome so i wonder if perhaps the binder and boys clothes will be the same way.

#1 AlexJames, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  2. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Finally you have a binder and that binder fits :grin: \o/ It's been an epic waiting.

AlexJames likes this.
  3. Blackangel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on what you're most comfortable in. As sad as it is, Walmart actually has a good selection at good prices. I can't believe I just recommended Walmart.

It's not all that easy to find skinny jeans in mens. Most guys prefer jeans that are a bit baggy. So best of luck there. For sizing, mens jeans can get really exact. Pretty much anything you want. They are measured by the inch. For example, in mens jeans I wear a 42x34. That's a 42 inch waist, and 34 inch pant leg. If you look you will find every size you can imagine. My best advice would be to just grab several pair and try them on. See what your size is, and whats comfortable. i do recommend getting either Wrangler or Levi. My personal favorites. Arizona's not bad, but not my absolute favorite.

You would probably be best measuring around your hips to start. A womans waist sits about 3 inches higher than a mans waist above the hips. As such, womens jeans are designed to hug their curves, whereas mens are designed to hide their ass. Not a lot of selection as far as sex appeal goes. You would probably be best to buy a decent belt for starters. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just something that's comfortable that you like. Sometimes you can find one for $5.

A boys 10/12 is relatively a mans small/medium. I wear a mans 4x for t-shirts. A lot of them go by shoulder width and chest size. I'm the biggest in my family. My brother wears a 2x, and my sister is somewhere around a medium to large in mens clothes. But she doesn't like mens shirts because of how big her breasts are.

So that's the best I can offer at the moment. If you need any more advice just ask.

shadowalex and AlexJames like this.
  4. shadowalex

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Im having a similar problem with finding mens skinny jeans. @Blackangel your advice is super helpful.

Also in terms of mens clothing in general, I find that muscle fit t-shirts work well for me since I have really skinny arms. Also getting tops/sweaters that don't sit on the waist helps with my dysphoria/draws attention away from the waist area.

AlexJames likes this.
  5. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You want to wear your trousers on your hips so it best hides curves, so I'd measure around the biggest part of your hips. It might feel a bit uncomfortable at first wearing them so low if you're not used to it but it'll give you a more masculine figure so will be less dysphoria inducing. Also short leg is 30, regular 32 and long 34 if that helps with the sizing. I'm surprised that skinny jeans are so hard to find in the US? Skinny and super skinny are as staple as regular fit in the UK, every shop does them. I don't know which stores you guys have that we also do so I can't help there. You may find that the same style will fit you differently in different stores so it'll take a little trial and error before you find the perfect store and fit.

AlexJames likes this.
  6. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha yes it has! Finally.

Okay, well i work at walmart so they're an easy option. Thanks for explaining the sizes to me! And how to measure. That really helps a lot.

Yeah. I plan to start working out regularly so hopefully that'll do something for me. Most shirts are a bit long on me anyways cause i'm short.

That does sound like it could take some getting used to. I'll try it! Gotta buy some first though. And the reason they're hard to find is its a small town in Texas haha. I first looked online, keying in my town's store, and none came up but i have yet to build up the courage to go looking myself. I think i can at least try to look today.

7. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on finding a good fitting binder! That can be a needle in a haystack challenge. :slight_smile:

AlexJames likes this.