1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues with Names

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Melodic, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Melodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, I'm already out (as trans) to nearly all of my friends, but I'm super unsure of how to tell them what my preferred name is. I know it's easiest to just go up to them and say 'yeah my name is ___ now,' but that just doesn't feel right. I guess I'm ultimately asking if anyone has any ideas on how I could tell them.

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want to do it more privately, you could always send a text to them and explain your situation. If you don't want everyone to know, you could also ask if they could keep it between the two of you, or list off your friends you have told (or are going to tell).
    Best of luck.

3. Pseudo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My trans friend told me through a text that she was intending to use her new name from now on. Depends on how close you are with your friends I guess and whether you feel more comfortable doing it via text or in person.

4. ImSydneyHi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi Melodic my name is Sydney. If you wouldn’t mind I would love to talk to you about, well, you. I’m trying to write a story and I’m trying to create the characters with a gender/sexuality that isn’t often represented. I’m trying to create a gynedemisexual character and was wondering if you could help. If you aren’t comfortable discussing it I completely understand but if not I would be delighted to chat with you