1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this potentially harmful to my weight?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by tommycee, Mar 4, 2018.

1. tommycee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So over the past month or so I've been not eating as much. Usually I would eat (barely any) breakfast in the morning and then, usually about 3 days out of the school week, skip lunch. So usually I will go about 9 hours with barely eating. Is that good for my body? I don't notice any weight difference (I'm not trying to lose weight anyway) so I can't tell it's having any affects on me at the moment. But am I doing something that could potentially set myself up for anything later?

2. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On another post you mention you haven't hit your growth spurt... maybe talk with your doctor about the level of calories and nutrients needed to fuel an adolescent body though the stages of growth.

3. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm not a doctor, but personally, I can't imagine it being good to skip both breakfast and lunch, especially being in school. Does that in anyway seem to affect your mood and/or ability to concentrate?

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you don't get adequate nutrition, your body's metabolism actually slows down to accommodate the lack of food. This means it actually slows the weight loss process.

Eating several small (or reasonable calorie) meals over the course of the day is much better. Avoid added sugar and limit fat to healthy fats. Avoid processed foods. The more high quality natural food you put into your body, the more nutrients it will extract, and you'll feel more full. That's the way you'll best help your body balance out and lose weight.

5. Dollop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I would say having a bad relationship with food like this is bad and could have long term problems for your health! Try to make time for food

6. Mazely

Mazely Guest

I can nearly guarantee that having a bad relationship like this with food can lead to problems down the road. I had an extraordinarily similar relationship with food and it spiraled into and eating disorder. There is a chance that may not happen to you but it's very common. I think you need to see a doctor and potentially a nutritionist to help you figure out how much you need to be eating in a day.