1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by FuelsMySong, Mar 29, 2018.

1. FuelsMySong

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I posted about this a while ago but did not put all the details and, thus, did not get a clear answer.

When I was 12, I went to the Philippines to visit extended family. I stayed at my mom's sister's house, my aunt. One day, I was sleeping and then I woke up to her fondling my butt. I gave her a weird look and she laughed and said she was trying to figure out whether I was wearing padded underwear (that type of thing was really popular in the Philippines because having a big butt was always a standard of beauty when it came to body shapes). She also said she was checking because my butt was "so nice and big".

I didn't think much of it at the time and did not think about again until recently. I took a class on child sexual assault and it reminded me of this incident. I started thinking about whether this would categorize as sexual assault.

I am currently in the Philippines right now and staying at that same aunt's place. I am really uncomfortable around her but try to hide it. Also, today, she pointed out that I had a stain on my butt from my period. Does this mean she was looking at my behind, again?

I don't think she'll touch me again but, like I said, I feel uncomfortable and so far, I have only told my friends. My parents don't know and my mom idolizes this aunt of mine because she paid for my mom's college tuition so even if I tell my mom, she would probably say it's not a big deal. My mom also grabs my privates without my consent as a joke so I don't think she'd take this seriously.

Any advice?

2. Gleek99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, this is not normal.

At least it doesn't seem normal to me. Especially when it's in the middle of the night when nobody could see and you feel uncomfortable about it.

If she tries anything again you should let her know you aren't comfortable with it or at least your mom or someone. That's what she's there for.

Even the littlest things in life can be important