1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a way to take down past threads iv'e made?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Umberson379, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Umberson379

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You see i made a thread titled something along the lines of "Major cold shoulder issue" and it has 40+ views but no response and this was weeks ago. I don't really see the point in having it and my business up if no one cares enough to say anything.

Now i know that i didn't have to post it and no one is entitled to have there threads or post in general responded to but i wanted advice and i didn't get that and that's OK but it kinda makes me hesitant to ask for any more advice and or share anything on this site anymore.

2. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I want to say, being that this is a LGBT and queer forum, people generally respect others lifestyles. If there is a situation that people do not have much knowledge or experience in, they may possibly pass it up or not share their opinion out of respect.

It doesn't mean you're a bad person, or everybody hates you and doesn't care about your issues and problems. Not at all.

I read your thread, and I have to say I don't have much experience with that website, or with online role playing chat or anything like that.

I would hate to give you advice on a situation, I haven't any experience or emotions with. Especially dealing with a delicate issue like relationships/friendships and emotional connections between people whom you are close with and bond with.

So right there subtracts a huge amount of people who could help you with that issue, I'm afraid.

It this your fault? No it's not, but I'm saying that could be a reason as to why people, myself included would pass up that thread.

I will say that I'm sorry you feel this way, I am.

#2 Suomi, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  3. Umberson379

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Huh you know i never really thought about it that way. Well thanks for explaining this to me. Knowing someone took time out of their day just to explain something like this to me in the nicest way possible kinda makes me feel a bit more at ease about sharing and being more open on this site again.

I'll take your thoughts to consideration the next time i decide to post something else that may be similar in nature with the thread in question. Oh and about the guy giving me the cold shoulder, everything is fine now we made up. Thank you very much.

#3 Umberson379, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I totally agree with the above, sometime I read threads and it's not that I don't want to help it's just I don't want to give bad advice. I also think it just depends who is online when, some people log in frequently, some people only now and again and if you only log in now and again it's difficult to read all of the new threads so sometimes they can get missed.
    Don't let it stop you getting involved in the future it's nothing personal.

5. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

Why aren't we allowed to just delete our threads?

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Much of what makes EC what it is is the incredible archive of discussions on just about every topic.

Additionally, when someone posts something and other posters take time to post thoughtful and meaningful responses, it isn't fair to the other posters to simply allow those posts to be deleted.

If people are following EC's security policy correctly --not using a username you use anywhere else, not giving indivially identifiBle details, etc... Then no one IRL can ever associate an EC post with an actual person. As such, there should be no reason to remove posts or content.

One more thought on views vs responses: remember that EC has about 12 times the number of unregistered 'lurkers' (who can't post) as it has registered members. So often the views with no response are from non-members, in addition to the excellent explanation provided above.