1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is She Into me Or Nah? How Do I know?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by themostfly, Nov 24, 2017.

1. themostfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I met a girl...cliche right?

About 3 months ago, I met 2 girls at a Brewery Festival. They're new to the area and were nice. One, in particular, was giving me some heavy eye contact, and I found her attractive immediately. We all exchanged numbers. After a few months, I sent them both texts since we work at the same location so that we could eat lunch and they agreed.

Again, at lunch, I sat beside the girl I was attracted to and I just feel these vibes from her - there's just something about her personality that I feel good about. We talked and she insisted we hang out again.

Time passes and this week, I get a text from her asking if I want to get drinks with her. Of course! She asks me to recommend a place. Before I could, she tells me that we could just chill at her house. Instead of that, I recommended a place.

I met up with her and it was fun, but I don't know how to decipher if she was interested or not in that way. She mentioned quite a few LGBT related things like Pence moving into his house and his neighbors raising flags...etc. She could just care about social justice though.

But I thought it was interesting that she chose to hang out with me without her roommate and seemed very assertive in it being only me. She never asked about my other friends who she also met with at the brewery festival as well. Am I reading too much into this?

She has other friends/coworkers here so it's not like I was the only person she could have drinks with and she easily could have waited until next week when her roommate who is her good friend was back.

#1 themostfly, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I don't think you are reading too much into it, it just impossible to say for sure. My advice would be to come out to her and see what happens then because it could be that by bringing up LGBT topics she was trying to gauge your reaction etc. Even if it turns out she isn't interested in you she sounds like she will certainly be a alley so why not.

Rana likes this.
  3. themostfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks. Not sure I have what it takes to come out to her, but I think building a friendship with her would be nice anyway. From my initial interactions with her, it's clear to me she's a pretty assertive person and sure of herself. She's also forthcoming and asks a lot of questions. I think or hope it'll work itself out naturally, but I just don't usually have people that interested in hanging out with me so it surprised me.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well sounds cool then, building a friendship is definitely a good start.
    We all have it inside of us to be able to tell someone, you just have to dig deep and find it, it's in there somewhere I promise. I'm not saying it is easy but you will find it when you need it

5. themostfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    A follow up:

A few days after having drinks with her, she invited me to her apartment. We chilled and watched tv. After that, I invited her out with some of my friends But she was busy. We didn't communicate too much after that, but a few days before New Year's Eve, she texted me out of the blue asking how I was. She invited me to a party she was hosting at her place for the New Year. I was thinking there would be a good number of people there, but there were only 6 people including me - all her good friends which was interesting lol

Nonetheless, it was a good time. She told me I was cute when I got there (probably just being nice), but she was semi-quiet towards me most of the night. Not really sure what that was about.

I don't have a good read on her in terms of her sexuality outside of a few sexual jokes she made towards me when we played "What do you meme?".

I don't get why she even invited me. Maybe I'm the only person she knows here.

#5 themostfly, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Rana likes this.
  6. themostfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Update:

This past week I got a message from her out of the blue. She asked if I was free one night, and then told me she was a bit intoxicate at the moment. I told her sure I'm free on that night. We message more.

In the morning, she messages me that she was a lot more drunk than she thought and so on. Seemed a bit freaked out that she'd messaged me like that.

What was that about?

7. idsm

She does seem interested in you (definitely as a friend, hopefully as more)
    Keep up texting her, try to initiate contact or invite her yourself, maybe hangout at her or your place.
    Good luck and keep us posted. :grin:

Rana likes this.
  8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I'd say she is interested in you but perhaps is a bit shy or struggling to read you and so that's why these messages often pop up out of the blue when she has had a drink or 2. I agree you should try and initiate text conversations with her and invite her somewhere too :slight_smile:

Rana likes this.
  9. themostfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I decided to follow the advice here...chatted her up this week and asked if she had anything going on this weekend.

She told me she was free Friday and Saturday night.

Earlier today (Friday), I asked if she was still free and invited her out for drinks. She said she'd rather save money but invited me over.

When I got there, she looked freshly out of the shower, robe on. I've met her roommate many times, but her roommate was i her room with the door closed. She came out once and then left which I thought was odd - kinda.

When she sat down, I could see a lot of her inner thighs and it was realllly hard not to look. I can't imagine she didn't notice. We talked, drank wine, had a good time and I left. She again mentioned a lot of LGBT stuff which if you're from where I'm from...it's uncommon.

Maybe she's just nice and open. Idk, but I really enjoy her. Very smart. Very empathetic.

10. themostfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    And by seeing a lot of her inner thighs...She initially tried to put a blanket on her lap and then she put it between her legs for a minute and then she abandoned it. She kept crossing and uncrossing her legs, and well, it was just driving me crazy because I was a bit intoxicated lol

11. idsm

Yeah, take the hint already, will ya? :wink::slight_smile:

Rana and Earthfae like this.
  12. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry if this is a repeat but does she know that you like girls?

13. themostfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So...No - not explicitly. I think this could certainly be a reason why things are "unsettled". She's not discussed her dating history and neither have I although we've discussed relationships and related topics.

For me, at least, I just wasn't that comfortable around her, but I feel a lot more comfortable around her now.

14. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well feeling more comfortable I'd good. I just think maybe that why she brings up so much LGBT stuff to see how younreact and epwhether you say anything.

Earthfae likes this.
  15. Earthfae

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read all this string with a sweet smile sensing the romance building... omg just go for it already!! And please keep us posted

idsm and Rana like this.
  16. Rana

Rana Guest

Me too, definitely smelling some romance there. Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic, but I hope they'll be totally happy.

Earthfae and idsm like this.
  17. themostfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    honestly, I'm pretty nervous about it all now. Not sure really how to approach her or how.

18. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    has there been any contact with her since you last saw her?

19. themostfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes, I was supposed to see her Sunday, but I had a family thing come up. We messaged on Monday a little.

Rana likes this.
  20. idsm

Maybe invite her over for a movie or something?

Earthfae and Rana like this.