1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is "pan" a real sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by xQuestions, Jun 15, 2015.

1. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I did say 'usually' in that last sentence. I've mentioned in another thread before that some people may prefer to go by sex rather than gender.

Personally, the gender and sex of a person is important to me. I go by both and would be a lesbian either way.

To me it seems like most people go by gender. Like gay guys would date transmen rather than transwomen, for example. But everyone's different of course. It was a generalization. And some people might prefer to identify as bisexual rather than pansexual because they see sex more than gender. Either is correct if that's how they view their attractions.

---------- Post added 18th Jun 2015 at 11:20 AM ----------

That's a good point too.

2. antibinary

One: we're attracted to people of a certain gender.
    Two: Intersex and/or non binary people.

3. Lipstick Leuger

When people say you are either male or female they are completely ignoring that some of us don't identify as either or. That is all.

4. Rapha Lover

Pansexualty is: I don't care about your genitals (sex) or how you look yourself in nowadays(gender). BUT we pansex we have particular preference, like at same other sexualities. For example, a straight guy like girls, but this not mean that he like ALL girls who he see.

:slight_smile:

5. Naminaro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think Pansexuality is nice, because it covers some area's in the gender spectrum that weren't already covered by bisexuality. I've known bisexuals who would not date outside of the regular binary gender, and I feel that is why it is such a good thing to have a definition for those who would.

There is a very subtle difference between a bisexual and a pansexual, but it is a very important distinction.