1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it really worth it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by CarlyBee, Jul 5, 2018.

1. CarlyBee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Im 25, married with 3 kids. I’m a woman married to a man. I love my husband, he is my best friend and an amazing dad. We have been through so much together and he has helped me become a much better/healthier person. If I were to come out (I have recently let myself accept and realize that I’m gay) I would lose everything. I would ruin my kids lives, my husband would be crushed, I would lose my friends and my awesome extended family (in laws). Is it really worth it?

2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am not married, never have been, and never intend to be so I'm not sure I'm the best person to answer this question... but a one-way relationship isn't too healthy. Tell me. Do you have any attraction to him? Do you have more attraction to women than to men? If you had to think about the mental image of marrying a different man or marrying a woman, how different is it to you?

I'll say that if you're gay then it's probably a one-way relationship. He might feel attraction to you, but it needs to be mutual. You deserve that feeling too. And if that's the case, it's only going to strain the relationship more and more as time goes on. When my mother got divorced... she was straight, but it was a one-way relationship causing dissatisfaction for both parties. I think she made the right call for the sake of both. As the child I didn't understand at the time, but it makes so much more sense now. The relationship isn't just about him, but you too, and it takes two people. It's your marriage, and you shouldn't feel obligated.

As I said before, I was the kid with divorcing parents once. I didn't get it back then, if you do, your kids probably wouldn't either. But the way I see it if it's a one-way relationship it's inevitable anyways... and you'd just be saving both of you years of dissatisfaction and increasing distance. And it would probably be better for the children if you separated on good terms rather than drifting apart and having arguments later down the road when they're possibly more attached.

Sorry. I can't speak from experience, but I hope I helped even a little bit.

#2 Kira, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018