1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to delete my account?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Mazely, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Mazely

Mazely Guest

I made this account to try and figure out my gender identity and get support. I immediately got someone telling me I am cis and that my problems aren't real. I don't feel comfortable here anymore. I would like to delete my account.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

We can delete your account, but that will not delete your posts, only your profile.

Also, for what it's worth, I read the thread in question, and I took away a completely different interpretation. You had one poster that suggested that many cis people experience what you experienced (which is true) but nowhere in that post did I see the poster implying that you were cis, or that your problems weren't real, only that the experience you describe is common among many cis people. The language was a little strong, but I certainly don't think it was meant to be disrespectful.

There was another post that seemed very supportive and encouraging.

Everywhere you go where discussions happen, there will be viewpoints that differ from your own. EC is unusual in that we are a very heavily moderated community and don't allow attacks, so as online communities go, this is one of the safest and most supportive you'll find anywhere. What you will also find is people are real... if individuals ask for advice, they will generally get real opinions, some of which may be uncomfortable, but often worth at least considering. I like to think that the quality of the community here, and the supportive nature of it, is among the best you'll find anywhere, and probably *the*best in terms of LGBT support.

All of that said, if you'd like your account deleted, we will be happy to do that.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I haven't read your thread but I think EC is a great place. Sure sometimes there are posts I disagree with and some which are worded more strongly than I would have but generally I think everyone here writes their post with the best of intentions. Perhaps take a few days away to condiser your decision and then see how you feel about it :slight_smile: