1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it normal not to have had a childhood tv crush?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by flyaway, Jan 13, 2018.

1. flyaway

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was having a conversation with my friends and we were talking about childhood tv crushes, but I certainly don't remember having one until I was a teenager. I used to google naked women and admire the beauty of some of my classmates, but having an actual TV crush, no. How did it felt like?

The only thing I had experienced is being utterly obsessed with Sakura from Sakura card captors when I was 4, but it was more about wanting to be her and using her clothes, not to mention that I was too young hahaha. Also, when I was 11 I became obsessed with the parent trap (watched that movie so many times) for some strange reason (I can't pinpoint why exactly), I did love Hallie's hair and I wanted her exact haircut, though. Or maybe they were childhood crushes and since I didn't know that girls could like other girls I didn't spot them.

2. takemeout

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oooh, I loved Sakura Card Captor when I was 6; I even remember drawing my own cards, hahah

As for crushes - I kind of relate to what you've described. I remember having some characters that I liked, as in I thought they were cool and I wouldn't mind having their characteristics, and to which I related more (usually they were guys), and there were some female characters which I liked, but in a different way that I couldn't describe at the time, possibly because of being unaware that I am allowed to fancy same sex. I remember very well that one scene in BBC Sherlock where Irene Adler walked into a room naked, and in my head I was like "She's beautiful, why are they covering parts of her body". And the joy when she later replied to John "Well, I am" after he said "I'm not actually gay" (weirdly enough, I've noticed that line years after I saw that episode for the first time).