1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it me or is the gay community extroverted for the most part?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BlueMonday, Apr 26, 2021.

1. MistyMorn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Love your reply!

#21 MistyMorn, Jun 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's a little more introverted. The folks who make a lot of noise and fanfare and party hard are the ones you see, so you might characterize it as extroverted. Many LGBT folks are introspective, so that would point to introversion.

I don't know how it lines up with someone's status as out or closeted. I've met some folks who are out and are still continue to be their quiet selves and some folks who were the life of the party - at straight parties - then came out later and sometimes surprised people. It could also have to do with age. A person can spend more time in their cave later in life because they enjoy and value that more as time passes. A friend who was too wild in his teens and twenties is now a total homebody.

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was aware of my sexuality and only a few friends knew what I was up to in my 20s and 30s, and I was an extrovert. Being around people never wore me down. My parents probably knew, but didn't say anything. I didn't live in the fast lane but I stayed overly busy and bit off more than I could chew. I just kept going and going.

In about another 10 years, I became on introvert. It had to do with coping with exhaustion from work, long friendships coming to an end, and more stuff. There was a lot of loss. If I'm around anymore than 6 people for 2 or 3 hours, I notice that I get into my car and EXHALE because I feel drained. I don't see this changing in the future.