1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it lame to write a note?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Spot, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There’s a girl I know and I want to get to know her better…like as friends, maybe I like her but I don’t really know yet. I feel like I do but I don’t know her well enough yet. And we work together but soon we won’t which is why I want to get her number soon. Because I’m looking for new work. Anyway, we don’t have shifts together much anymore. I was going to ask her for her number in person but it seems like she’s always rostered on at a different time now. And she’s busy at work so I can’t really talk to her when we’re not on the same shift, if that makes sense? So I was going to write a note and just give it to her in passing, instead of trying to talk to her while she’s dealing with customers. And she could read the note in her own time.

If we’re rostered on together before I leave, I’ll ask her in person but just in case…is it okay to give her the note or is that lame? Because I feel like it’s more respectable or something if I asked in person but I might not get the chance.

2. Emmareld

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's up to you. If passing a note is something you are more comfortable with or is more convenient because you might not be able to in person then that's alright. Just be yourself, and do what you would do naturally, there's nothing lame about that.

3. Waffless

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Notes are the best thing ever I never would have asked out any of my crushes without a note I'm just that shy. for your situation, it sounds like the best option, I wish you luck

4. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Normally, I would suggest talking to someone in person over giving them a note. Since it's difficult for you to see her and she's usually busy at work when you do, there's nothing wrong with passing her a quick note. You could say something like "I miss talking to you" and then give her your number.