1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he gay, don’t know what to do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ben1boi, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Ben1boi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi guys,

First time poster- need some help.

I’m bi and out to some close friends. I’m 26.

I have a best mate who i have known for the past 3 Years. During this time we have become incredibly close. We spent time together on phone or in person nearly every day. He claims he is straight. Many people close to him have suspected he is gay. He does hook up with girls but also makes up a lot of shit about having sex with them. He has never had a girl friend and doesn’t date. He is 25 Years Old.

I’ve had a crush on him for roughly 2 Years and now are fairly in love with him. I was becoming jealous that he was showing interest in a girl so told him I am in love with him and want a relationship. He denies he is gay but has been very cool about the whole issue.

Despite this, a lot of confusing stuff has and is still happening...
    - we get drunk and often sleep in the same bed - when we do this we cuddle intensely all night long
    - when I raised this when we were sober, he become emotional and denies it happened
    - I have stopped sleeping with him but he finds his way back into my bed
    - recently we hooked up in bed for most of the night and I talked to him how he will freak about this - he agreed
    - when I brought this up with him, he said he blacked out and can’t remember. He then got angry and didn’t talk to me for a week
    - we hooked up two more times and talked about it while we were doing this (drunk again). The next day he said he blacked out last night.
    - I raised this with him and again he got angry and stoped talking to me.
    - he still denies having any feelings and says he is straight

I don’t get what is going on. I am in love with him and he knows this. He hooks up with me. He denies this happening and claims he can’t remember because he is drunk - gets real emotional about the issue. I’m so in love with him but he is chasing a girl at the same time.

What do I do? Thanks for your help

2. Pole star

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is really difficult to say what he is feeling but from what you say it appears he may be in denial. He has to sort himself out which can take a long time.
    I feel you should keep a distance - both emotional and physical- to avoid getting hurt. You can be friends which will be difficult considering how you feel..
    By hook up do you mean you had sex?

3. Ben1boi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Making out for hours at a time