1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he gay and into me? Help!?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by The Falcon, Jun 14, 2019.

1. The Falcon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Keep reading you will be entertained by the dialogue! I promise!

We are both Uni students, I (Max) have seen him (Ben) around and always found him cute, but I thought he was straight. Until my B-day party!

He showed up unexpectedly and he was very happy to be there! I started crushing on him when he said and did the following:

A random guy: Hey you are 25 now. That's like the square number of blah blah blah.
    ---random guy goes away drunkingly----

Ben: Oh he said you are square, but you aren't square are you?
    Me: (confused) ... um No, I am not...
    Ben: I'll tell you what you are!
    Me: What am I?
    Ben: You are a prime number!
    Me: (confused) What is a primer number? I don't do mathematics...
    Ben: Primer numbers are special numbers, divided only by themselves. As you go into infinity there are less and less primes. They are rare and alone - like you. You are a loner!
    Me: ...
    Ben: So am I. It takes one to know one.

He proceeds to cheer with his beer bottle and says:
    Ben: But prime numbers come in pairs!

BOOM!

We are both nerdy students and this kind of talk drives me crazy. I was a bit tipsy, so I couldn't process what was happening. However, my body responded to this as a flirt. Because it felt like flirting. His intense eye contact and devilish smile didn't help either...

He was one of the last to leave the party, way after midnight. And he kept talking to me. And he is not even my friend!

I am crushing on him for weeks now... I don't know what to do... I doubt he is gay because he is into football and science and he has a lot of straight-looking friends.

HELP!

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a biochemistry major with 95% straight friends who is hosting a baseball world series watch party tomorrow. You never know.

Rin311 likes this.
  3. Lek

Lek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, Prime Number, I think you met a Prime Number. (I loved the dialogue, by the way.)

My partner is a huge football fan and has a lot of straight friend. My best friend is so science he turned into a scientist.

Some people believe it takes a gay person to know a gay person. If it felt like flirting and the dialogue was pretty obvious (to me), I'd go with the assumption that he was flirting. Anyway, there are two approaches you might consider when you meet/call/text him:

1. "I'm gay and I'm wondering if you are gay too. It's all right if you aren't."

2. "Hey, can prime numbers be gay?"

I'm sure others will come up with other approaches.

Good luck. And thanks for posting.

4. The Falcon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks guys! I just want him to gay so badly that I keep interpreting all of this as a flirt.

But I am trying to rationalize my attraction so I say he cannot be gay, and it is all in my head... Other than that, of course sport and science are gay things too.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you could just try and hang out with him more and get to know him then you might find out.

The Falcon likes this.
  6. Rin311

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hang out with him some more and get to know him a bit. He just might drop a hint or two, if he is interested. And science and football are not good measures for sexual orientation, lol. Good luck and take care.