1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is having safe sex at a young age (13 - 15) a bad thing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by XTREMEZish, May 4, 2014.

1. XTREMEZish

So the title is my question. Is this a bad thing? I never really found it to be a bad thing and I don't know why people have a problem with it. This doesn't just apply to having safe gay sex it also applies to safe straight sex. I personally never found it to be a problem as long as its safe and that goes without saying for all ages and sexualities. I never found reasons for it to be a problem. Your thoughts?

2. zenya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went to a Catholic school for a few years when I was younger and lost my virginity in the school bath room at the age of 14 luckily for me he had a condom and was aware of its uses as sexual education was not part of the regular schooling some time I wish it was as it would have made learning about my sexuality far easier

3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

It's simply a thing, neither good nor bad as long as it's consensual (and safe)

4. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As long as it's between two people within the age bracket, then no, it isn't a bad thing. Sex is not immoral or something that should be limited without a reason. However, some people that age probably aren't ready (I know plenty of 17 year olds who aren't)

5. Ridiculous

I wouldn't say it was bad, but I don't think it is ideal. There's a lot of risks that come with sex so maturity is pretty important.

You can't really put a number on what age they should be (there are people in their twenties that I would say aren't mature enough yet.. and on the other hand there are probably 13 years olds that would be able to make pretty good decisions), but I'm pretty confident when I say the majority of 13-15 years old aren't there yet.

6. why123

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I do not think it is bad, as long as both of the people are comfortable, and no one is being forced into it.

7. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You wouldn't be the first

8. sugarcubeigloo

I would never say that two consenting people exploring their sexuality is a bad thing. However, I would also never encourage this behavior for a child either. And, as far as I'm concerned, 13-15-year-olds are children. I think we have age of consent laws for a reason (not that this law is necessarily being broken by two people of the same age) and that's to allow children a certain period of developmental growth. I've never met anyone who needed to have sex, let alone at a young age. I can honestly say at 13, I would have never been able to make that decision. It may not seem like it, but there is so much perspective on the world and people yet to be gained.

Again! I am not judging anyone. This is simply and utterly my opinion.

9. Cass

I don't think it's a "bad thing" per say but I think you should wait until you are older to make that kind of decision. I can't say I judge you or anyone else for it but I'd also say it's better to be older and more mature

10. Lipstick Leuger

If you don't know your own sexuality at the time, it's a bad thing. This is what happened to me. I was 14, almost 15 and I had a boyfriend. I was not sure I was even gay, I knew I was not really attracted to boys, but I thought that is what you did so I did. I did not enjoy it, it hurt and I thought it was me. If I had waiting until older teen hood, I would have realized and tried a girl. It would have been amazing and I would not have spent years 'looking' for the right guy to make' me feel something. Now days, this was 30 years ago, LGBT teens are more accepted and they are coming into their own earlier so that is less likely to happen I think.

Other than that, you are not really emotionally ready for a stable relationship so you can end up feeling used and emotionally damaged.

11. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't want to call it "bad" as that stigmatizes those who have engaged in it; however, I don't find sexual contact appropriate for anyone under 17-18, and even then, most people are not emotionally ready. I was an extremely mature 13 year old both physically and emotionally but I knew that even if I'd had the opportunity, I wouldn't have been ready. Sex shouldn't be a meaningless act; it should only been done with someone you love and are in a committed relationship with.

12. person57

I really wouldn't say it's a bad thing, as long as it's safe sex.

13. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I wouldn't say It's bad, just not ideal. Because even protection can fail and pregnancy (or STDs) can still happen. Plus, there are emotional risks that come from sex, so you have to make sure you are ready. But some people in their adult years aren't even ready.

14. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not bad if a person is ready. I guess people say it's bad because most people regret it later? I don't know. It is not for others to decide.

#14 MyLittleWorld, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
  15. AAASAS

I think it's close enough to an age were people are still children physically so it is wrong.

Though some people may be ready for it at that age, the majority is just beginning puberty.

I dont think someone that two years ago was watching YTV and teletoon(Canadians will only get this, basically Nickoledeon and Cartoon Network) should be having sex.

Kids are sexualized at a young enough age that we don't need to be giving the ok for some at an age that young.

Again it's all up to the individual, I still think it's too young, considering they're basically still children at that age.

When I was 13, I was still a kid physically, and it would've been pretty wrong and perverse for me to try and dive into something like that.

16. Hexagon

Not really, no, assuming the participants are of similar ages. It's just really a natural desire to experiment.

17. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You'd better be positive of your sexuality, knowledgeable about STDs and other risks, and mature enough to make this decision. Oh, and your partner should be around the same age as you.

I'd say it's a bad idea. People are having sex younger and younger. This will only serve to pressure more people into losing their virginity before they're ready.

18. BelleFromHell

I definitely disapprove of it. A 13-15 year old is no different than a 10 year old, IMO. Do you think it's OK for a 10 year old to have sex?

^^ THIS.

19. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mental maturity is important, and many 13-15 year olds don't have that maturity, especially since they have only had a few years of realizing their sexuality. Sex should never be done as a way of proving one's love or other "test," which I know happened to two straight friends of mine (ironically it was the guy who was pressured).

20. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yea, i agree, i mean i know someone around that age bracket is having sex already. it's pretty much that age that guys and girls alike get pretty hormonal. i always tell them to practice safe sex no matter what. they just have to remember that any mistakes can cost them a consequence that they will regret later in life.