1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is "cute" a good compliment for guys?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jude95, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Ridiculous

The three major terms have been brought up: cute, hot, and sexy, and how they rate on the attractiveness scale, but from what I see (and use myself) these don't just refer to different levels of attractiveness.

Cute seems to usually be used when they are talking about your face being attractive. You don't usually hear people saying "he has a cute body" (although this is sometimes said about girls). When someone says "he's cute" I'll immediately assume they are talking about his face.
    Handsome is another word that only applies to the face, but as already said usually refers to more 'rugged' or chiselled features.

Hot seems to usually be used when they are talking about your body being attractive. You don't usually hear people saying "he has a hot face", unless they are a doctor diagnosing you with a fever. When someone says "he's hot" I'll immediately assume they are talking about his body.

Sexy seems to be a bit more general and combines both face and body, and also other things like your personality, confidence and so on.

At least that's how I view and use the terms.