1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anything possible?.. Geezzz I hope so

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Urda1kilt, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Urda1kilt

i need to know if there is a happy ending to this story... i hear through rumor and tails about a straight man who falls in love with his friend. are there guys out there who have experienced a guy friend supposed straight turned lover for all time?...
    if so i would really enjoy hearing your story. because if so there maybe chance for my situtation. i am head over heart for a bff of mine? i would like some details about the way you to experienced things together. i wwnt to see how u or together learned to see beyond the flesh and discover the type of relationship can become...
    there must be more this site has to offer than stories of depression and sarrow. i nned to know that there is hope for me that i too get to have a happy ending i want what the hetro have i want the prince too.
    please share with me ur details on how u opened his eyes to what might be if......
    there must be a ratio a percent. i nned to know.... i need to hear it please anyone share.
    i am going crazy i am driving myself loco over this. i have this pit in my stomache 24 / 7...my head it hurts from thinking so much i can stop it it wont turn off even when i am sleeping. i feel like my head it going to explode and my heart pop out my chest. do u know what it is like to not turn off the switch?.... i have been asking and read and read and research and intervie and hotlines around america about this topic. and all i get are "well i heard about this guy who" stories. i need more concert details.
    I lived with a girl for three years very happy really. But she wanted to have kids and that step I wasn't ready for. most situation if the guy is straight he is straight. but this is 2013. The 1970 version of straight is what most people's idea of straight is, but take a look at the times where in. there are more coming out stories now than ever. The out look on gay is in a turning point. (well this is what I am hoping for anyway)
    some back ground??? Yes I am mooning over him, but I feel he is "mooning" over me. I met this guy in Aug 2012 and since then we have grown as friends to Best friends to roommates. Please note that I know that is my actions turn in the wrong direction I could lose him as a best friend and roommate. He knows that I have relations with girls and with guys because on saturday mornings he can see these people leave from my room. I talk with him about my girlfriends and boyfriends and he talks with me about his girl troubles. We are comfortable around each other. We can change in front of each other. we can be in his bed shirtless and play video games. we go to the gym togehter. we have passed out watching movies together in his bed. He calls me everyday after he gets off work. he calls me to make sure that I ate or to see is we should go grab a bite to eat. All these these he engaged with me. I have never asked to do these things before. If you were to look at my phone log you would see more calls from him to me than me to him. I know he doesn't treat his other guy friends this way.
    Am I imagining what I want to see?
    Am I creating something out of nothing?
    Am I seeing something that is not there?
    Are my feeling play a trick on me?
    This is why I am seeking success stories of guy friends turned lovers. You mean to tell me that the Brokeback Mountain can't be real? I watch Netflicks and there are many movies that involve this story line. If there are no real life stories of this, I'll shoot myself. How I feel right now I do not mind what-so-ever as long as the end result is happy. I know its got to be bitter before sweet, right?
    Anyone else got some in put? Share with....

Sincerely,
    still waiting.......

2. hypersonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hope it's possible to mention a website here, there were stories on reddit regarding situations similar to yours (just google it).

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, Brokeback Mountain wasn't a happy story. :slight_smile: As far as your roommate goes, there are three ways to go about this.

1. Waiting around for him to make a move.

2. Be upfront. First, come out to him. You can couch it in "I'm wondering if I'm not 100% straight" if you'd like. If you can talk about anything, you should be able to do that. If he sounds supportive, you can nudge forward and say you're wondering if you might be getting feelings for him. And make it clear that if those feelings aren't returned, you're totally fine with that, and you'd still like to remain really good friends.

3. Actions not words. Next time you're lying in bed together, make a casual move. Put your arm around him, or lay your hand on him. Lay your head on his shoulder. See where it leads.

#3 is the most likely to get you laid...and the most likely to damage the relationship. #2 is the most likely to keep the friendship intact, no matter what happens.

Lex

4. June Cleaver

It is possable, my man identifies as straight and he loves me enough not to care who knows. He views me as female, not male he says I am 100% woman in his eyes. This has happened all of my life with men. 9 out of 10 catch the scent within 5 feet and see a woman when looking at me. 100% of gay men are turned off whitin 5 feet of me. It does not happen online or by phone only in person. Look at some of my older posts and I have put the story of our meeting on here before. I think it is a mericle really, God did something to make up for the wrong body. I have been with 2 bi guys and no gays and I am 40. Yours sounds bi to me! June

5. Ianthe

Since he already knows you like guys, and is apparently okay with that, I would go with something like this:

"I know you're probably completely straight, but I just wanted to let you know, I think you and I get along really well, and if you were ever interested in pursuing something more romantic with me, I would think that was wonderful."

That way you let him know that you would be interested in a relationship with him, but you also make it clear that you accept the idea that he's straight.

Since you are roommates and probably have a lease, I think it would be a really bad idea to just make a pass at him. That could potentially go really badly, and then it would screw up your living situation.