1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is a relationship worth it in high school?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Alexrocks1253, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is a relationship worth it in high school? I think I might want one so that I could have someone to cuddle with and kiss, but idk if it's even worth it as most of my relationships have lasted for one date.

2. juxlia

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think it's worth it if you take it seriously...when I say seriously I don't mean "planning to stay together forever" but as in, putting effort into the relationship. A lot of kids at my school seem to toss around dates for fun or attention, or seem to be overly focused on getting one.
    And relationships in high school, if they aren't the "relationships" (I can barely even call them that) that a lot of people have which I mentioned above, can prepare you for longer-lasting relationships after school, in my opinion. High school is just a big opportunity to find out who you are. Go for it.
    I would have a relationship if it were someone I was genuinely interested in, a person with good qualities etc, and is just as committed as I would be. But of course - school first.
    (I'm going into grade ten)

3. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. smurf

Of course. If you want one, then go for it.

This is the time that people start learning about themselves, what they want in a relationship, and how to handle certain issues. There is no better time to learn. Just have fun, be respectful of other people, and enjoy it.

juxlia likes this.